babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Apparently the exiles might do okay

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Apparently the exiles might do okay
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 12 May 2003 01:36 AM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Before the war, many in Washington dismissed their chances of success. But now, with newly free Iraqis desperate for a restoration of order, the former exiles may yet surprise the doubters.

No One Is Laughing at Iraq's Exiles Now

I might add, people here should realize how blessed they are to have me, clockwork, as a poster. I take time from my busy day to keep babblers enlightened:

[quoe]The Iraqis themselves are watching like spectators in the theater of the surreal, since they have so little control over anything in their lives. They are effectively under martial law, the specter of Saddam Hussein still stalks the land, men with guns are everywhere, crime is rampant, the police are missing, the clockwork of the national economy is frozen and the information highway is closed.[/quote]

Although, I wouldn't think my counterpart in Iraq would necessarily be frozen... in Canada sure, but in Iraq?

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca