babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israel bans peace activists

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israel bans peace activists
Mycroft_
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2230

posted 03 May 2003 02:34 PM      Profile for Mycroft_     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Israel bans peace activists

By DOUG SAUNDERS
Globe and Mail

Hounslow, England — Israeli officials announced yesterday they will ban peace activists and deport them whenever they are found, a move they attributed to news of a meeting between so-called human-shield activists and the British suicide bombers who attacked a Tel Aviv bar this week.

"When we find them, we will take the necessary legal action to deport them," Jonathan Peled of Israel's Foreign Ministry said yesterday. He was referring to the International Solidarity Movement and other groups that monitor Israel's military actions in the occupied territories and often put themselves between Palestinians and Israeli troops.

The ISM said Asif Mohammed Hanif, the suburban-London 21-year-old man who killed himself and three other people on Wednesday, had met activists recently at a memorial service for Rachel Corrie, a young American who was killed by an Israeli bulldozer. Mr. Hanif had been joined by Omar Khan Sharif, the 27-year-old British man who is wanted by police after fleeing the scene of the bombing after his explosive vest failed to detonate.

Although the peace activists said the suicide bombers had not joined their organization or received any training from them, Israeli officials said they will nonetheless deport members of the group. "They are troublemakers," Mr. Peled said. "They are pro-Palestinian and now there is this connection to the suicide bombing which we are investigating."

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 03 May 2003 03:14 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Let's see...blocking outside observers from Jenin, shooting journalists banning ISM activists...there is a pattern here.

Israel is obviously tryng to prevent the outside world from witnessing what is happening in the occupied territories.

Gee, you don't suppose there's a link between this activity and the efforts to prevent Arab television stations from broadcasting in North America, do you?

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 03 May 2003 03:38 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
They used to ban their own citizens from meeting with the PLO. Not exactly democratic values in action in either instance.
From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 May 2003 03:38 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Let's see...blocking outside observers from Jenin
Where terrorists lied about a massacre that never happened!!!!

quote:
shooting journalists
Oh yes, of course the IDF purposely murders journalists just like The US army in Iraq I guess.

quote:
Israel is obviously tryng to prevent the outside world from witnessing what is happening in the occupied territories.

Gee, you don't suppose there's a link between this activity and the efforts to prevent Arab television stations from broadcasting in North America, do you?

Or maybe Israel is trying to defend its citizens, Muslims, Christins and Jews from terrorist murderers like Hamas, Hibollah etc etc.

And as for your link, yes AL Jewish organizations all work for the Mossad and take their orders directly from them...

[ 03 May 2003: Message edited by: Mishei ]

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 03 May 2003 03:45 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
How would we know? They delayed investigation, allowed sites to be contaminated, and only allowed investigators in who the Isaraeli government approved. Hardly an independent investigation. Maybe there was a massaacre; maybe there wasn't. But I certainly do not trust a tainted investigation.

As for journalists ... let's see, highly trainede snipers shoot clearly marked camera man, yeah, that was an accident.

[ 03 May 2003: Message edited by: WingNut ]

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 03 May 2003 03:51 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes Mishei, we know your views: press freedom and open discussion equal terrorism. Have a nice day.
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 May 2003 04:52 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
How would we know? They delayed investigation, allowed sites to be contaminated, and only allowed investigators in who the Isaraeli government approved. Hardly an independent investigation. Maybe there was a massaacre; maybe there wasn't. But I certainly do not trust a tainted investigation.
I see Human Rights Watch was pretty definitive THERE WAS NO MASSACRE..but of course NO ONE or NO ORGANIZATION would be good enough for you Wing when it comes to Israel. You are so blind that your bias is worn on your heart . At least we know to discount much of what you have to say about Israel.

Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 May 2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:
Yes Mishei, we know your views: press freedom and open discussion equal terrorism. Have a nice day.
Dont you love it when people LIE about you? AL you are a liar. . Can I be any clearer.

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 03 May 2003 05:18 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Can anyone else see in Mr Peled's statement a significant connection between Hanif (one of the suicide bombers) and the peace activists?

They happened to be at the same memorial service?
Making policy on the basis of believable casual contact -- I don't think we call that logic. I think we call it opportunism.

Everyone knows very well that the peace activists have foresworn violence themselves. Some people just don't like critics. And the more power they've got, the more pleasure they take in flaunting their licence to brush it away.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 03 May 2003 06:13 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Dont you love it when people LIE about you? AL you are a liar. . Can I be any clearer.

Yes. Start by pointing out where I lied.

You might also explain your Mossad comment while you're at it.

A frame from TV which shows a British documentary film crew filming Palestinian children in Rafah on Friday May 2nd; later that night cameraman on the left, Briton James Miller, was shot dead by Israeli troops as he was filming Israeli army tanks and bulldozers demolishing a Palestinian home. Witnesses say he was fired upon unprovoked.

quote:
"We got close to the area and filmed, but we couldn't leave because an (Israeli) tank was around 100 meters from where we stood," Abdel-Rahman Abdullah, a freelance Palestinian journalist who saw the night-time incident, told Reuters. "We were very visible to the troops, with a white flag and 'TV' markings on our vests, but still the troops opened fire, hitting James Miller," he said.

MIFTAH

[ 03 May 2003: Message edited by: al-Qa'bong ]

Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 May 2003 07:04 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Al here is what you said about me.

quote:
Now if you cannot prove this statement (which you cannot) then it is a LIE.

Now for my "mossad" statement. You are truly a paranoid type of guy (sarcasm not a therapeutic analysis in case you dont get it). Well let's dissect shall we? Here again are your words:

quote:

OK so you are suggesting that there is a link between what Israeli authorities are doing and what Jewish organizations are doing. Im being facetious AL and am making fun of what I perceive to be your bizarre idea that there is some kind of conspiracy between Israel and Jewish organizations hence who else could pull this off yes AL the dreaded MOSSAD OOOOOO yes thats it, thats the ticket. And Gee -willikers all I have to do is just mention MOSSAD and you go all snaky...whats up with that????

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 03 May 2003 07:09 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Lighten up there Mishei, before you burst a vein.

My comment about what I perceive as your point of view is based on what I've seen you post on babble. I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that you have come out against free speech on numerous occasions. That's not lying.

And I think we both know that the Elders of Zion, not Mossad, is behind the conspiracy.

Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 May 2003 08:11 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:
Lighten up there Mishei, before you burst a vein.

My comment about what I perceive as your point of view is based on what I've seen you post on babble. I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that you have come out against free speech on numerous occasions. That's not lying.

And I think we both know that the Elders of Zion, not Mossad, is behind the conspiracy.

1. I was light but i hate when people claim I am something Im not.

And actually its not the Elders its Ickes Reptiles

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca