babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » 13 More Iraqis Liberated For Democracy

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 13 More Iraqis Liberated For Democracy
majorvictory
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2878

posted 29 April 2003 08:25 AM      Profile for majorvictory     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Iraqis Say U.S. Troops Kill at Least 13 Protesters

quote:
Residents of the town 30 miles west of Baghdad told Reuters that between 13 and 17 people were killed and many wounded when soldiers occupying a local school fired on unarmed demonstrators who had been calling for U.S. troops to get out of their country following the ousting of Saddam Hussein.

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 29 April 2003 03:30 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And what really happened:

quote:
THE rescue of Private Jessica Lynch, which inspired America during one of the most difficult periods of the war, was not the heroic Hollywood story told by the US military, but a staged operation that terrified patients and victimised the doctors who had struggled to save her life

So who really did save Private Jessica

DaddySno
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4002

posted 29 April 2003 03:39 PM      Profile for DaddySno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Of course they opened fire on unarmed protestors.

W.Nut, I read somewhere that it was you who saved Private Lynch. Stop being so modest.

Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 29 April 2003 03:43 PM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
well, that's convenient, daddysno was there and knows that the report is wrong. what really happened, daddysno?
From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 29 April 2003 03:58 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
W.Nut, I read somewhere that it was you who saved Private Lynch. Stop being so modest.

Wouldn't want to upset your self-impose, propaganda fed ignorance with facts, would ya daddy? So why read the article at all, eh?

Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 29 April 2003 04:00 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Unarmed protestors, my ass.

Those kids had rocks! Some the size of my fist. Those things could take out an eye. What are they doing protesting in the middle of the day anyway? Shouldn't they be at their sewing machines, or in the mines, or otherwise engaged in making shoddy consumer goods at a low, low price?

Thank God and Jesus that our brave boys are there defending democracy from those thankless hoardes of ill-mannered school children.

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 29 April 2003 04:11 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Of course they opened fire on unarmed protestors.

Of course! All this time I've been trying to argue with people who don't agree with me like some kinda chump. Not anymore, no sir, I've seen the light: from here on out, I'm gonna just let the smileys make my points for me! Thanks!

tyoung
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3885

posted 29 April 2003 04:13 PM      Profile for tyoung        Edit/Delete Post
Before DS's eyes roll right out of his bloody head, and before anyone even mentions Israel, let's concentrate on the fact that is has happened before, and will probably happen again. There are obviously many, many firearms and other weapons loose in the hands of the people of Iraq, and it seems a lot of the people are damned angry with the occupying force. Already there are reports reacting to this incident in which the US is saying they were "fired upon" (a single shot in the CBC radio story I heard this morning). The problem is not with the Iraqis, but with the occupying force. They need to take a lower profile, try different methods, or these tragic incidents will become the normal way of dealing with demonstrators.

The stance that the yanks take on this, that a single shot fired at them means a wholesale leadfest unleashed by their (illegal) occupying soldiers is even more disturbing. That they make excuses instead of changing their tactics is becoming a problem.

From: Vancouver Island | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 29 April 2003 05:39 PM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
the christian science monitor online had a good article right after the fall of baghdad: they pointed out that all these young U.S. soldiers have been killing and killing and killing during the war ... and you can't just shut that off by flicking a switch. they aren't suited for peacekeeping/policing.
From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DaddySno
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4002

posted 29 April 2003 05:53 PM      Profile for DaddySno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Maybe we should send in Canadian peacekeepers.
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 29 April 2003 06:35 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Let's wait until there's a peace to keep, shall we?

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca