babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Iraqis liberate America's choice

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Iraqis liberate America's choice
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 14 April 2003 10:05 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Reports: CIA candidate to lead Iraq assassinated
jeff house
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 518

posted 14 April 2003 10:37 PM      Profile for jeff house     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I had not heard of this particular fellow. But this paragraph caught my attention:

quote:
The CIA was reported to have helped him escape to Kuwait from house arrest in Denmark, where prosecutors were investigating his alleged role in gas attacks on the Iraqi Kurds.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 14 April 2003 11:07 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That astounds me beyond words.

The CIA removed a wanted criminal from another nation in order to install him in office in Iraq? Jesus Christ on a bicycle. I don't know whether to call that a) evil, b) idiotic, c) just plain FUBAR, or d) all of the above plus my choice of swear words for the director of the CIA.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 14 April 2003 11:30 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
In US military/foreign policy parlance it's known as SOP.
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
majorvictory
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2878

posted 15 April 2003 02:47 AM      Profile for majorvictory     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I wonder what the Danes think of this? I took a peek at three major Danish news sites and searched for Khazraji -- there are stories there but in Danish only. Can anyone enlighten us on this?
Whazzup?
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1471

posted 15 April 2003 11:18 AM      Profile for Whazzup?     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Slate had the best backgrounder on Khazraji a few days ago. This whole thing is a little bit of a mystery. I can't find any other confirmation of the report, though the Observer was reporting "rumours" that Khazraji had been killed in Najaf last week.
From: Under the Rubble | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 17 April 2003 12:46 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I remember this guy. Hersh mentioned him a while back. Killed on his way to the Yalta thigie in Nasariyah was he? Who else died on their way there I wonder?

Jesus, can you even imagine the level of chaos and violence that has erupted in this power vacuum? There's SO MUCH MONEY at stake. We'll probably never know how much blood was spilled in these weeks past and the ones to come, as old scores are settled and the murderous jostling for position occurs entirely out of sight.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca