FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Photos

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Photos
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 09 April 2003 10:37 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

The Globe in it's comment section (and I think it appeared on the Star's front page) had what I thought was a good picture of a British woman soldier getting handed something from an Iraqi... but I haven't ben able to find it.

Anyway, the NY Times has some really neat pictures:

[ 09 April 2003: Message edited by: clockwork ]

clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 09 April 2003 11:46 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Aha!

And that thing is a flower.

[ 09 April 2003: Message edited by: clockwork ]

clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 10 April 2003 12:26 AM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 10 April 2003 12:45 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
They shouldn't be taking pictures of people in those humiliating positions.

PS. What the HELL is that HUGE FREAKING GREEN THING?

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 10 April 2003 09:44 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Looks like one of those modern art sculptures. Whatever it is, it looks pretty interesting. I'd love to know what it is and how it is significant too.

And yeah, for an army that is so sensitive to pictures taken of their POWs, they sure don't mind when the shoe is on the other foot.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 10 April 2003 12:10 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I believe it is a monument, could it be to the dead of the Iran-Iraq war? I have seen it before. The Ba'athist regime was always strong on cultural references to the architecture of the many civilisations of the land between the Tigris and the Euphrates, from Sumeria to the onion domes of the Thousand and One Nights.
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca