babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Bush gives Iraqis 48 hours to dance in the streets

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush gives Iraqis 48 hours to dance in the streets
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 08 April 2003 09:25 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
By Alex Byrdman

quote:
President Bush, evidently growing impatient with the pace of the Iraqi liberation and the attitude of the Iraqi citizens, has issued a new ultimatum, only this time it's to the Iraqi people themselves.

"I'm a patient man" said the President at a hastily called news conference, "but there are limits to my patience. We've been bombing the daylights out of these people for a more than week and I haven't seen a single one of them dancing in the streets to celebrate their liberation."

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 08 April 2003 09:40 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I almost thought that was real until I looked at the date on the article.

It's humorous in a kind of bizarre way.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 08 April 2003 10:22 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Michelle, never do that to moi again.

I have such a hair-trigger response to condescending idiots in bad suits, so this article was just too damned believable.

Behave yourself, Michelle. From now on. Promise?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 08 April 2003 10:56 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ha! Oh come on - surely the "bombing the daylights" phrase was your first clue! They never use terminology like that. Hee hee.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 April 2003 12:13 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Michelle, you are misunderestimating.
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 09 April 2003 02:10 AM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I wouldn't put one like that past Dubya, either.
From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca