babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Land of Shame - 11 Palestinians Killed

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Land of Shame - 11 Palestinians Killed
Moses
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3823

posted 17 March 2003 09:03 PM      Profile for Moses     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
While Bush is have his 'visions' again of a peaceful middle east, (the same visions he had over a year ago while he readied to bomb Afghanistan), and Israeli incursion into the Gaza strip kills 11.
quote:
NUSEIRAT, Gaza Strip (Reuters) - Eleven Palestinians including a four-year-old girl were killed in the Gaza Strip on Monday, most of them during Israeli swoops that touched off fierce battles with gunmen, witnesses said.

Eleven Palestinians Killed in Gaza Violence

schizm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3817

posted 17 March 2003 09:28 PM      Profile for schizm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
"Give up, think of your children," an Israeli officer shouted at him. Sa'afin replied with pipe bombs and a volley of bullets from his Kalashnikov rifle. He was shot dead.

If you're stupid enough to fight back in the face of overwhelming firepower, coupled with a warning to give up for the sake of the children, what do you expect?

Bubbles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3787

posted 17 March 2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Bubbles        Edit/Delete Post
May be that is just what he was doing. Thinking about his children.
Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 17 March 2003 10:04 PM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
If you're stupid enough to fight back in the face of overwhelming firepower, coupled with a warning to give up for the sake of the children, what do you expect?

If you're stupid enough to live in Israel in the face of suicide attacks, coupled with a warnings to return to your original home, what do you expect?

schizm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3817

posted 17 March 2003 11:07 PM      Profile for schizm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
If you're stupid enough to live in Israel in the face of suicide attacks, coupled with a warnings to return to your original home, what do you expect?

Clever riposte, Moredreads. What do you do for an encore; recite the alphabet?

Moses
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3823

posted 18 March 2003 12:20 AM      Profile for Moses     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Clever riposte, Moredreads. What do you do for an encore; recite the alphabet?
That's more in your line, Schism. Look at the childish simplicity of your original statement which Moredreads aptly lampooned.

Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 18 March 2003 01:02 AM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Schzim's coment about the overwhelming fire power was stupid but I suggest Moredreads go back to where he came from.

How can he expect the Jews go back to Russia or Germany Iraq, Iran, Syria, Poland. Morroco after what was done to them there and anyways they only go there after being pushed around from other place starting Ironically though at Israel but that too far back right??!!

I don't shifting around people is smart to do anywhere. Neither is Bombing civilains helpful either. But I must admit terroist using cvilians as shields is worest of all.

I doubt if he was thinking his Childeren if they tought about the children the way the Israelis do they would have excepeted baraks offer and there would have been relative quite by now and the peace process would constenantly move forward instead of Backward.

Golda Meir might have not been the smartest PrimeMinster who ever lived but she was right about one thing quote "I hope that someday I can forgive them for killing my children but I'll never forgive them for making me kill theirs"

fatcalf
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3859

posted 18 March 2003 01:04 AM      Profile for fatcalf        Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, should Moredreads have to move back to Jamaica (I'm not being racist, I'm just assuming Jamaica is the land of his ancestors because of the name he assumes here.) We all come from somewhere, everyone.
Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 18 March 2003 01:19 AM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The singleminded inability of some people here to link a series of posts into a patern, and then see that my statement was not in fact an expression of my beliefs, but an attempt to underscore the absurdity of Schizm's arguement (by turning it on its head) is truly stunning.

No I don't think that Israeli Jews should be going anywhere, unless they choose too, except those in the occupied territories who should be going to Israel proper. The parody was intended to show that arguements which entirely blame the person on the recieving end of a bullet, while completely ignoring the responsibility of those who pull the trigger are ridiculous.

Justice, this is the in fact the underlying theme of Golda Meir's quote. However much I disagree with her politics, it holds more truth than anything that Schzim has to offer on this topic. Also, I think she was very intelligent, frankly.

Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 18 March 2003 01:29 AM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thank you Moredreads I see we can agree on somethings. You know what it may have not been your belifes but you shouldn't have said in and niether should have schizim. I would never dare Justify Israel telling all the Palistinains to leave the west bank and Gaza or be blown to bits. But israel has made no such threats and never will. It also has shown no such intention. Yes there are some members of parliment who wish this. This is called democracy because Ironically there are somemember of parliment that wish Israel didn't exsist. But the majority are in bettween and want compromise.

What does Arafat wants well nobody knows and it doesn't matter because Arafat wants what Arafat wants and not the people of Palistine. and the same can be said about terorrists.

The reason why I said she wasn't the most intelegent primeminster is because anyone who knows a little Israelie history knows that she didn't listen the intelegnce reports close enough in 73 and that why the Israelis nearly got wipped.

Perhaps there would have been less casulties had she reacted in time.

See pasive is not always good.

And I don't blame the person who got the bullet for being stuck in front of it nor the person who fired the bullet. I blame the person who pushed or hid behind the person that got the bullet.

[ 18 March 2003: Message edited by: Justice ]

Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 18 March 2003 04:04 AM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well enough, but what about those who hid behind those who pulled the trigger.

[ 18 March 2003: Message edited by: Moredreads ]

Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 18 March 2003 11:04 AM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What are you talking about innocent Israeli civilians? Is that the Metaphor?

Hmmm I guess it's suppose to be backwards right civilians and children are suppose to protect the guys with guns.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca