babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Fresh Start

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Fresh Start
fatcalf
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3859

posted 17 March 2003 12:56 PM      Profile for fatcalf        Edit/Delete Post
Just heard Colin Powell talk about regime change (ie. Saddam and his cohorts being given the option to exile themselves, before invasion begins).

Just thinking about the coming occupation. Is there any chance that, like Japan and Germany, that some good could come from an occupying force. Perhaps a Marshall Plan for Iraq?

satana
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2798

posted 19 March 2003 06:59 AM      Profile for satana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I hope so. I doubt it. The only good that could come out of this conflict will be from the Iraqi people who will oppose the occupying force. But expect these people to be the first to go when the new regime is installed.
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 March 2003 07:05 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I like it that they call it "regime change" because that's what it's likely going to be. Long live the new regime, same as the old regime, until the US no longer likes the new regime, then it will be time for regime change again.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca