babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Powerful Resignation Letter

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Powerful Resignation Letter
John K
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3407

posted 01 March 2003 12:19 AM      Profile for John K        Edit/Delete Post
I thought this was a powerful indictment of Bush administration foreign policy.
u.s. diplomat

What do others think?

Sisyphus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1425

posted 01 March 2003 01:30 AM      Profile for Sisyphus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for posting it, John K. Not only is it a powerful indictment (as though anyone who was paying attention really needed another one), but I see it as cause for optimism.

Maybe the Bush junta is awakening a "sleeping giant"-to borrow a phrase- as men and women of conscience in America remind us of the virtues that make their national character admirable, despite the best efforts of Cheney, Rumsfeld and Ashcroft to hide them.

These self-righteous so-called Christians have shown us their virtues: greed, mendacity, ignorance, violence and hypocrisy.

I sometimes think of the power-brokers, after the Supreme Court appointed the dissipated idiot-Bush, laughing their asses off at a population defending this administration while it guts their social programs, uses their taxes to reward financial speculators and feed the war machine that slurps its human sacrifices from their ranks, while chortling "You know, they really like him. They think he's one of them!"

Man, if I were American, I don't know if I could get up in the morning.

Thank God we've got Jean C., I mean he's one of us!

I hope there are enough voices in the wilderness, like that of Mr. John Brady Kiesling to be heard by the American people.

From: Never Never Land | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 01 March 2003 01:53 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't remember where I got the link (may have been Babble) to: "Reckless Administration May Reap Disastrous Consequences -- by US Senator Robert Byrd Senate Floor Speech - Wednesday, February 12, 2003" It is crystal clear, thorough, powerful, the best summary I have seen yet.

Those of you who have not read it yet -- it is a must. Click

From: where hope for 'hope' is contemplated | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 03 March 2003 08:22 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Those crazy peaceniks!

Mark Fiore is the best.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 03 March 2003 08:39 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This thread is happening here.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca