babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Killing spree continues...

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Killing spree continues...
xrcrguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1562

posted 23 February 2003 07:47 AM      Profile for xrcrguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
As the world focuses on Iraq, the bodies pile up in Gaza

quote:
In the past week, while the world's press focused on the UN security council and Baghdad, the violence has suddenly surged. In six days, at least 30 Palestinians have been killed in a series of Israeli operations, chiefly in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank city of Nablus.

quote:
Inside Israel, the situation has been at its most calm for months. There have been no suicide bombings. Nobody has been killed in a militant attack.

quote:
Tens of thousands joined the funeral of Riyad abu Zeid, vowing to avenge the 30 deaths. "Sharon, prepare the coffins," they shouted. "Revenge is coming soon, in Tel Aviv and Jaffa."

Most chilling, the cycle continues

From: Believe in ideas, not ideology | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 24 February 2003 12:26 AM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Most chilling, the cycle continues

Yup, even though only one pedal has a foot on it right now.

Oh, preemptive... sorry I forgot. Gotta get them terrorists before they become terrorists or something.

From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
evenflow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3493

posted 26 February 2003 11:21 AM      Profile for evenflow        Edit/Delete Post
Its so disheartening that Iraq is subjected to the fullest exent of the UN resolutions against them, while Israel walks by all of their charges ( machine gun in hand ) without even being frisked.

At least the double standard is out in the open, where people can see clearly what is being done in the name of the war against terrorism.

From: learning land | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 26 February 2003 05:59 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You "forgot" to mention the Israeli soldiers killed by Palestinians in your little blurb, such as the 19 year-old shot in the back by a sniper.

quote:
Inside Israel, the situation has been at its most calm for months. There have been no suicide bombings. Nobody has been killed in a militant attack.

Not for lack of trying.

evenflow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3493

posted 27 February 2003 12:18 PM      Profile for evenflow        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Not for lack of trying.

Nice unbiased source there. ha ha

All this article says is that an Israeli tank blew up when it ran over a mine. This article presents no facts about the mine, only that Israel destroyed buildings in the area after blowing themselves up.

As per usual, Israel just used the incident as an excuse to bomb Palestinian property and God knows how many people.

LionKeeper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3728

posted 27 February 2003 02:46 PM      Profile for LionKeeper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It is a state of occupier and occupied… soldiers are fair game. Heck, if you take pages out of the Zionist methodology of capturing Palestine pre-1948… terror and indiscriminate killing of civilians is also kosher! Really anyone who justifies these type of actions by Israel is either misinformed, ignorant or a Zionist!
From: The Lion's Den | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 27 February 2003 05:48 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
All this article says is that an Israeli tank blew up when it ran over a mine. This article presents no facts about the mine, only that Israel destroyed buildings in the area after blowing themselves up.

I like how you only wear your skepticism hat when the article is written by Israelis.

evenflow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3493

posted 27 February 2003 05:57 PM      Profile for evenflow        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I like how you only wear your skepticism hat when the article is written by Israelis.

The last few articles I've posted links for were written by Jewish writers / authors. You're obviously not paying attention, just promoting your agenda. To this I say, God be with you and go ahead, but I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to talk to you.

Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 27 February 2003 11:38 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The last few articles I've posted links for were written by Jewish writers / authors.

Whoop-de-doo. Being Jewish doesn't necessarily mean being Israeli. Maybe you should spend less time telling other people to read your posts, and more time reading the news-papers.

evenflow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3493

posted 28 February 2003 05:53 PM      Profile for evenflow        Edit/Delete Post
Somehow I don't think I'd be missing much by not reading the propaganda you post.

For the record, I read your link, you never read mine so its funny you'd accuse me of not reading posts. Par for the course with your kind.

Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 02 March 2003 07:55 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You don't have a link. You have a post telling me to browse the forum for your recent posts, and verify that you've reached your quota of Jewish writers, as if that somehow means you're not anti-Israeli.

And also "for the record", I never accused you of not reading posts, I just pointed out you need to learn the difference between "Jews" and "Israelis".

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 02 March 2003 09:42 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I just pointed out you need to learn the difference between "Jews" and "Israelis".

What is the difference?

Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 02 March 2003 09:53 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Really anyone who justifies these type of actions by Israel is either misinformed, ignorant or a Zionist!
Virtually all Jews are Zionists. Those that aren't are the exception to the rule.

Zionists can come from the left like Rabbi Michael Lerner and Todd Gitlin or from the right.

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 02 March 2003 11:18 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hey, mishei, did you miss me?
xrcrguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1562

posted 03 March 2003 04:57 AM      Profile for xrcrguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Seventy-two Palestinians were killed last month in the West Bank and Gaza Strip

Haaretz

quote:
Haaretz found that 25 were civilians who did not belong to militant Palestinian groups. Thirty-nine armed Palestinians were killed during attempts at terrorist attacks and in clashes with the IDF. Eight Palestinians were killed in IDF assassinations.

35% Civilian casaulty rate.
I guess that's acceptable...

[ 03 March 2003: Message edited by: xrcrguy ]

From: Believe in ideas, not ideology | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 March 2003 08:58 AM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Hey, mishei, did you miss me?
No

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 03 March 2003 09:01 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Aww, isn't that sweet. What a happy reunion.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 03 March 2003 09:05 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, if it isn't W. Nut. The glass of fashion and the mould of form, etc.

I missed you, Wingy. *heart* Welcome back.

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 03 March 2003 09:31 AM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Mishei, I don't know if "virtually all Jews" are Zionists. I know I'm not. I'll grant you that the overwhelming majority of Jews support the existence of the State of Israel. Of course, I would bet the large majority either don't know, or don't want to know, the violations of human rights perpetuated by the State. But of course that is one of the problems. Morality has been lost. The Zionist tail has come to wag the Jewish dog.
From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 March 2003 11:01 AM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
But of course that is one of the problems. Morality has been lost. The Zionist tail has come to wag the Jewish dog.
Of course this lost morality only applies to Israel. No other state is held up to your personal scrutiny, it seems, as is Israel.

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 03 March 2003 11:09 AM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm only talking about Israel because I'm talking about Judaism. The actions taken by Israel when it comes to its continued occupation and settlement of the west bank and gaza, in the name of Zionism, is an afront to the ethical precepts of Judaism.

[ 03 March 2003: Message edited by: josh ]

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 March 2003 12:37 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The actions taken by Israel when it comes to its continued occupation and settlement of the west bank and gaza, in the name of Zionism, is an afront to the Judaism.
You would say this as a Jewish anti-Zionist. However I would argue that these actions are part of Sharon's policies. He is a Zionist but to suggest that all Zionists agrre is just plain dumb. He does it in the name of the Likud party.

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 03 March 2003 01:01 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm not just talking about Sharon. Occupation, settlement, denial of civil rights pre-date his rule. I am talking about the blind eye most of world Jewery has turned towards these actions, all of which, to some degree, pre-dated suicide bombers. Most don't want to hear about it, or rationalize it. They don't want to confront the fact that it is contrary to the ethical precepts of Judaism. This is what I meant by the Zionist tail wagging Judaism.
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 03 March 2003 01:21 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Mishei, I don't agree that disagreeing with a majority of Jews is necessarily anti-semitic. In Poland abortion is illegal now, but fighting for abortion rights is not anti-Polish. Or right at home, I don't think the majority of Québécois or Canadians understand the damage we have done to aboriginal nations here. That does not make me anti-Québécois or anti-Canadian.

Probably a majority of Jews in the world support Israel (in different ways, to different degrees, and for different reasons - some ideological, some simply because they don't want a large group of fellow Jews to be endangered). However outside North America there is not the same kind of community consensus around Zionist policies. That at least is my experience with the many Jewish people I know (not just militant leftists) in Europe and South America.

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 03 March 2003 01:42 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Josh, Arab terrorism has been around for decades even well before the creation of the state of Israel.
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 03 March 2003 01:50 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What the hell are you talking about? al- Hassan's faction?
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 03 March 2003 02:26 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I fail to see the relevance of your point Mishei. I'm referring to Israeli policies post-June 1967.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca