babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » The Unseen Gulf War

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The Unseen Gulf War
writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 19 February 2003 10:29 PM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
This past war and any one looming, have often been treated as something akin to a 'Nintendo game'. This view conveniently obscures the vivid and often grotesque realities apparent to those directly involved in war. As a witness to the results of this past Gulf War, this televised, aerial, and technological version of the conflict is not what I saw and I'd like to present some images that I made that represent a more complete picture of what this conflict looked like.

Photo Journalist Peter Turnley
The Unseen Gulf War

audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 21 February 2003 12:43 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
great link. Thanks.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 21 February 2003 12:59 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
See also this thread.

I hope many people will look through these photos. They leave me beyond words, though.

writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 21 February 2003 01:03 PM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Apologies Non-partisan partisan. I hadn't seen your previous thread.
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 21 February 2003 01:10 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'll close this, then.

And did writer just confuse skdadl for Non-partisan Partisan? that's quite the misread!

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca