babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » 11 killed in Israeli Gaza raid

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 11 killed in Israeli Gaza raid
Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 19 February 2003 05:11 PM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
11 killed in Israeli Gaza raid

Staff and agencies
Wednesday February 19, 2003

Eleven Palestinians have been killed and 25 wounded in an Israeli military raid in Gaza city last night, Palestinian witnesses said.

Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 19 February 2003 07:40 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That's quite the news source.

Strange that you forgot to mention that one of the dead was a suicide bomber who blew himself up near a tank, and that only four of the eleven were civilians. The rest, it seems, were islamic militants or Palestinian security force members. Not exactly the image of a brutish raid on civilians "11 killed in Israeli Gaza raid" evokes.

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 19 February 2003 07:45 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, and CNN is a reputable news source.
And last I could tell the butcher Sharon was calling all Palestinians terrorists. Thus the need for the great prison camp called Gaza and the West Bank.

Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 19 February 2003 07:53 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
When Sharon becomes a "Palestinian source" then you'll start making sense.

Or did you even read the article?

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 19 February 2003 07:58 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh, so your news source wasn't CNN but Sharon, the butcher, himself? When I clicked your link it was CNN, but what do I know?
Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 19 February 2003 09:28 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Palestinian sources said three of the dead were members of the Palestinian security forces, four were Islamic militants and four were civilians, including a doctor who went to the aid of those injured during the operation.

I'm afraid it doesn't get any clearer than this.

P.S. Do you really need to always say "the butcher Sharon" or "Sharon, the butcher" every single time? Don't you think it's a bit redundant on a left-wing anti-Israel board such as this one?

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 19 February 2003 11:25 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, no, you see this is not an anti-Israeli board. It is a pro-Israeli board. Most of us believe in Israel. It is an anti-Sharon board opposed to the occupation and the crimes committed daily against Palestinians. In the same way we are a pro-Palestinian board but oppose Hamas and crimes committed against Israeli citizens. Shouldn't you be on an anti-Arab board?
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 19 February 2003 11:37 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Wing I see you have found yet another protagonist.

Gaza City has been the military HQ for Hamas and as such has been the launching area of many suicide/homicide bombings against innocent Israeli civilians. Wing I am pleased to see that you condemn such tactics. Im sure if you were an Israeli you might even appreciate the need for Israel to defend itselfe against these murderers.

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 20 February 2003 12:35 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I do appreciate the need for Israel to defend itself. mishei. I think Palestininians, however, have the same right. Don't you?
darkhorse
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3508

posted 20 February 2003 02:48 AM      Profile for darkhorse     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The Reuters article is much clearer:
quote:
Israeli troops, tanks and helicopters staged lightning overnight raids on militant strongholds in the Gaza Strip, killing at least 11 Palestinians, witnesses and medics said.

Local security sources and hospital officials said seven Palestinians were killed in Tufah -- two militant gunmen, a security officer, a medic and the three people in the house.

Three Palestinian intelligence officers were killed and five policemen wounded by helicopter missiles fired at a security position in north Gaza set up to prevent Islamic militants firing rockets into nearby Israel, hospital officials said.

Witnesses said an Islamic militant wearing an explosive belt ran at an armored column shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is Greatest), drawing Israeli gunfire which apparently detonated his load and killed him.

Israeli Forces Hit Gaza City Targets, 11 Dead

Apples
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3558

posted 20 February 2003 01:29 PM      Profile for Apples     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I guess you show your "opposition" to crimes committed against Israelis by never mentioning them, eh? Or explaining them away as Palestinians exercising their right to defend themselves?
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 20 February 2003 01:45 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I guess you show your "opposition" to crimes committed against Israelis by never mentioning them, eh?

I had never mentioned them? Hmmm. I thought I had.
quote:
Or explaining them away as Palestinians exercising their right to defend themselves?

Isn't that what you do? Don't confuse me with yourself.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca