babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » NOT AGAIN! The last Gulf War and DU

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: NOT AGAIN! The last Gulf War and DU
rbil
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 582

posted 14 February 2003 08:05 PM      Profile for rbil     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
EXTREME BIRTH DEFORMITIES

quote:
In an act of stark cruelty, the US dominated Sanctions Committee refuses to permit Iraq to import the clean-up equipment that they desperately need to decontaminate their country of the Depleted Uranium ammunition that the US fired at them. Approximately 315 tons of DU dust was left by the use of this ammunition.The Sanctions Committee also refuses to allow the mass importation of anti-cancer treatments, which contain trace amounts of radio-isotopes, on the grounds that these constitute '...nuclear materials..'

From: IRC: irc.bcwireless.net JOIN: #linuxtalk | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LionKeeper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3728

posted 18 February 2003 10:47 PM      Profile for LionKeeper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I’m Glad you brought up this point … I don’t think many are aware of Depleted Uranium (DU) and the horrific effects it has on civilian population and the environment. The fact that they did not allow Iraq to import these so called “duel use” items is quite frightening. What is more frightening is the fact that the international community did not discourage the U.S. from using this concealed weapon of mass destruction. I know that NATO members do not even allow the use of these munitions. It’s sad that we are talking about disarming a tyrant that may still have weapons of destruction when we ourselves threaten the use of nuclear weapons, and openly use DU to win our war!
From: The Lion's Den | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca