babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Gulf War Trivia Quiz - Congrats to Jingles

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Gulf War Trivia Quiz - Congrats to Jingles
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 09 February 2003 09:00 PM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Question #1
What famous American (now deceased) drove one of the bulldozers that buried Iraqi soldiers alive in their trenches during the Gulf War I?

Clue 1: He worked for his killer's father.

Question #2
Who said:

quote:
There is a gap in the law of war in defining precisely when surrender takes effect or how it may be accomplished. An attempt at surrender in the midst of a hard-fought battle is neither easily communicated nor received."

in defense of the bulldozer drivers?

[ 10 February 2003: Message edited by: Non-partisan partisan ]

From: middle of nowhere | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
evenflow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3493

posted 10 February 2003 12:20 PM      Profile for evenflow        Edit/Delete Post
Both are intruiging questions, neither of which I know the answer to. The second quote is nonsense, in my opinion. Bulldozers burying people alive isn't exactly what I'd call a hard fought battle, but more of a one sided event.
From: learning land | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 10 February 2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not sure if others are stumped or uninterested but I'll post the correct answers on Tuesday (or sooner if someone gets it).
Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 10 February 2003 03:47 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
They answer to question 2 is our old pal Dickless Cheney.

The first has me stumped.

Ed. I'll take a shot at the first one. Timothy McVeigh? He worked for Bush 41, killed by Bush 43.

[ 10 February 2003: Message edited by: Jingles ]

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 10 February 2003 04:08 PM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jingle bells, jingle bells. Good guess there jingles. I shouldn't have left the clue!

quote:
... And saying so doesn’t make us defenders of Timothy McVeigh. Personally, I find his ideas disgusting and offensive. But he was shaped by the violence of the society around him. McVeigh was trained to be a mass murderer during the 1991 Gulf War against Iraq. He drove one of the bulldozer vehicles that buried surrendering Iraqi soldiers alive during the ground war. Then, the U.S. government considered him a hero.

Overseas mass murderer brings his talents home...

Cheney - maximum speed and violence

What bodies? - Sloyan

[ 11 February 2003: Message edited by: Non-partisan partisan ]

Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 10 February 2003 04:57 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'll have to give credit to google.

I do remember reading an article/interview about McVeigh (I think in Playboy. But I only read it for the dirty pictures.) in which he describes shooting surrendering Iraqis with the 20mm cannon on his Bradley fighting vehicle.

But since he wore a uniform that was perfectly acceptable behaviour. Must support the troop, ya know!

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 10 February 2003 05:37 PM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Maybe we don't...

Support the Troops? Why? - Clay Evans

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca