babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » BBC interviews Blair on Iraq

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: BBC interviews Blair on Iraq
Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 07 February 2003 01:59 PM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
BBC's Newsnight program interviewed Blair last night on Iraq with a studio audience:

a transcript

a link for the video clip.

From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
N.R.KISSED
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1258

posted 07 February 2003 05:59 PM      Profile for N.R.KISSED     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This is particularly hilarious. Go Jeremy

JEREMY PAXMAN: The question is what freedom he has under the current inspection regime but we've discussed that already, I want to explore a little further about your personal feelings about this war. Does the fact that George Bush and you are both Christians make it easier for you to view these conflicts in terms of good and evil?

TONY BLAIR: I don't think so, no, I think that whether you're a Christian or you're not a Christian you can try perceive what is good and what is, is evil.

JEREMY PAXMAN: You don't pray together for example?

From: Republic of Parkdale | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 09 February 2003 12:53 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Moving this to the Middle East forum since it's about Blair's position on Iraq.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca