babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » LAW to investigate the killing of Maher al-Jizmawi (17)

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: LAW to investigate the killing of Maher al-Jizmawi (17)
Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 29 January 2003 05:19 PM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Law Press Release (Warning Grpahic Photos of Violence

quote:
Israeli Special Forces entered Tulkarem in Palestinian-registered vehicles at 9am Wednesday during a lift of the imposed curfew. They opened fire on a group of Palestinians, and Israeli military vehicles entered the town and re-imposed curfew. An Israeli attack helicopter flew over the area and shelled civilian homes indiscriminately.
... ...

So far, at least 447 children have been killed by Israeli forces during this Intifada. According to data supplied by the military police and the Israeli army’s Judge Advocate General’s office to Ha’aretz, by January 2 this year, only 37 Israeli soldiers had been indicted for Intifada-related crimes. Only two incidents involved a Palestinian being killed.

mandrake
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3127

posted 29 January 2003 08:42 PM      Profile for mandrake     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
... only 37 Israeli soldiers had been indicted for Intifada-related crimes.

I wonder how many Palestinians have been indicted by the Palestinian Authority for Intefada-related crimes.

It always bothers me when I see on TV Palestinian kids out in the streets throwing rocks at the IDF. Would parents in any civilized and decent country let their kids court death like this? In Canada, we put our kids in bubble wrap before we send them out the door, and we keep an eye on their actions. We tear down playground equipment so they won't risk a boo-boo. Palestinian parents let their kids run amok, then wonder why they get caught in the crossfire.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 29 January 2003 11:33 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I wonder how many Palestinian "terrorists" (not all Palestinians are terrorists, and not all alleged terrorists are actually terrorists) the IDF summarily bumped off last year?

Want immunity from prosecution? Join the IDF, shoot a Palestinian-Arab and call him a terrorist. Boom.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca