babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » The Unseen Gulf War - Photo Exhibit

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The Unseen Gulf War - Photo Exhibit
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 20 January 2003 01:43 AM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Chilling

By Peter Turnley @ digitaljournalist.org

quote:
I feel that citizens have the right to see these images. This is not to communicate my point of view, but so viewers as citizens can be offered a better opportunity to consider the whole picture and consequences of that war and any war. I feel that it is part of my role as a photojournalist to offer the viewer the opportunity to draw from as much information as possible, and develop his or her own judgment....

I have always hoped that true images of conflict give one the opportunity to witness and reflect more fully on the full realities of war.

[ 20 January 2003: Message edited by: Non-partisan partisan ]

From: middle of nowhere | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 28 January 2003 02:16 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thank you, NPP.
writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 21 February 2003 01:18 PM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
And did writer just confuse skdadl for Non-partisan Partisan? that's quite the misread!

I did not! I was apologizing for starting this thread when this thread already existed. The outrage!

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca