babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the NDP   » The NDP's Version of Elliot Spitzer is ....

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The NDP's Version of Elliot Spitzer is ....
AJohnston_22
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2929

posted 02 January 2005 10:29 PM      Profile for AJohnston_22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If there was one person in the NDP that resembles Elliot Spitzer, I would have to say it is Pat Martin for his work on defending worker pensions, going after the sponsorship scandal, as well as going after tax loopholes for big business. Thig guy is the closet thing to an Elliot Spitzeresque person that we have in the House of Commons.

Any Comments

From: Winnipeg Manitoba | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erik Redburn
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5052

posted 05 January 2005 10:36 PM      Profile for Erik Redburn     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Could be an interesting comparison, but who's Elliot Spitzer?
From: Broke but not bent. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
somersol
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7836

posted 06 January 2005 11:18 PM      Profile for somersol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
i read that Spitzer is gearing up for either a Senate race or maybe the White House. he seems very diligent in his battles. it's the kind of quality that can get watered down in high office.
I like the Martin equivalent. future leaders?

John_D
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5620

posted 07 January 2005 12:07 AM      Profile for John_D     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My understanding is that Spitzer wants to run for Governor of New York in 2006, although a term or two there could be seen as a stepping stone to an even higher office. Lots of former NY governors have been candidates for president, most notably FDR.

Erik - Eliot Spitzer is the Democratic Attorney General of New York. He has used his rather considerable regulatory power to bring corporate crooks to heel, including exposing preferential treatment of some customers by mutual fund companies, investigating record company bribes to get radio play for songs, and uncovering conflicts of interest in the commercial insurance market. He is viewed by some as a sort of modern day Robin Hood. If the 2006 gubernatorial election were held today, he might well win.

Look at the last paragraph.

From: Workin' 9 to 2 in the 902. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca