FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the NDP   » (Pat) Martin to Layton on Israel 2

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: (Pat) Martin to Layton on Israel 2
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 19 December 2004 07:53 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This from Michelle:
quote:
Canadian Jewish News. Aren't they a CJC publication? I think there's a link to the CJN on the CJC web site.
The CJN is a wholly independent newspaper. It has nothing to do with any organized Jewish group in Canada.

It amazes me sometimes at what gets accpeted as fact here about the Jewish community.

Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 19 December 2004 07:59 PM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
can you please rename the thread if it's not going to be about pat martin?
From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2004 08:03 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh! Well it wasn't meant maliciously, Macabee. I thought it was part of the CJC because you can access it from the CJC web site. That's where I've found it before when looking for stuff on Camp Naivelt and other stuff.

I just checked the main page of the CJC and under "Publications" it had CJN Pacific. So I thought it must be a publication of the CJC. I'm sorry for the mistake. I'm not sure what exactly you thought I was trying to imply about the Jewish community by saying that I thought the CJN was affiliated with the CJC. I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, I just thought it was affiliated. And it was a reasonable conclusion to draw considering that it is listed under "publications" on the CJC's main menu of its web site. Not all of us are as knowledgable about the CJC as you seem to be.

What are you so defensive about?

[ 19 December 2004: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2004 08:09 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Whoops, my mistake.

It appears that I got the CJCNews and the CJN mixed up. But it was an honest mistake - I really don't see how anyone could see that as something sinister.

So my question still stands - why are you being such a defensive freak instead of just correcting me pleasantly? Why would you ascribe some kind of sinister motive on my part?

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 19 December 2004 08:13 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
LOL What you see there is the monthly bulletin published by the Pacific region of CJC. IT IS NOT THE CJN.

In gfact CJC hosts the regional Bulletins of Ontario and Quebec as well. It still is not the CJN.

Michelle your usual skillful research is not what it once was and it makes for errors on this board,

BTW I was implying nothing other than to correct the record. It is you who is defensive. Can I not correct mistakes here? Is that against babble policy?

[ 19 December 2004: Message edited by: Macabee ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2004 08:15 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, I admitted in the post just above yours that I made a mistake and explained where my mix-up was.

So now, can you explain why you're acting like such a paranoid freak? Because I really can't imagine how you can get anything offensive out of an honest mistake like that. In fact, in the quote of mine you posted, I didn't even state it as fact, I stated it in a questioning tone because I wasn't quite sure.

What is wrong with you?

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 19 December 2004 08:18 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
So my question still stands - why are you being such a defensive freak instead of just correcting me pleasantly? Why would you ascribe some kind of sinister motive on my part?

My my my, something sinister? I re-read what I wrote and other than stating the obvious that some things wrongly placed here about the Jewish community can become fact, I see nothing sinister. Why are you so uptight over a correction and a simple observation?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2004 08:18 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macabee:
BTW I was implying nothing other than to correct the record. It is you who is defensive. Can I not correct mistakes here? Is that against babble policy?

Nice dissembling. You most certainly were implying something with this sentence:

quote:
It amazes me sometimes at what gets accpeted as fact here about the Jewish community.

What is it that I was supposedly "saying" about the Jewish community by making this mistake?

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 19 December 2004 08:21 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:

What is it that I was supposedly "saying" about the Jewish community by making this mistake?

Did I say you were saying something about the jewish community?
Please stop ascribing your negative paranoid fantasies on me. Much appreciated.

For the record and so you get it I was only tring to demonstrate how simple mistakes can become fact. Newspapers hate it when there is any suggestion that they are being controlled by a group which has no controlling interest whatsoever.

[ 19 December 2004: Message edited by: Macabee ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2004 08:21 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And why haven't you changed the thread title to something that actually represents the subject of this thread?

Here's a suggestion:

"Michelle made a mistake and now the whole Jewish Community has been libelled as a result."

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2004 08:23 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macabee:
Did I say you were saying something about the jewish community?

Fuck off Macabee, I don't feel like playing your stupid mind games anymore tonight. You're obviously just trolling with your nasty little insinuations.

And you win, I took the bait - hook, line, and sinker.

quote:
For the record and so you get it I was only tring to demonstrate how simple mistakes can become fact. Newspapers hate it when there is any suggestion that they are being controlled by a group which has no controlling interest whatsoever.

Ah, now see? That's all you had to say, right from the start, and I would have understood. I made an honest mistake, and I had no idea it would be taken that way.

But instead, you have to pull your passive-aggressive bullshit and skirt around it and talk about how it's so "amazing" to you what people (I guess like me) spread around about the Jewish community. I had no intention of spreading anything around. A correction without your nasty insinuations, or a straight-up explanation as to why the CJN wouldn't like it would have been just fine right from the start, Macabee, but that's just not your style, is it?

Why don't you go police FD instead, Macabee? Aren't you tired of policing babble after all this time? You'll find ever so much more offensive material there.

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 19 December 2004 08:26 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There is no truth to anything you have imagined here...NONE. You made an error and I was trying to correct it. We then both went elsewhere. It shouldnt have happened
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 19 December 2004 08:58 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There is an awesome new invention called email! Try it out!
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca