FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the NDP   » Rui Pires

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Rui Pires
Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 10:49 AM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Does anybody who is close to Rui Pires know if he is running in the next Federal election. If he is tell him to have a smear free campaign. Honestly I hope he isn't running ever again.
From: Toronto Ontario | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 16 December 2004 11:02 AM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What have you got against Rui?

I don't know the intimate details, but that was my old riding.

From: In Dig Nation | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 11:08 AM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by quelar:
What have you got against Rui?

I don't know the intimate details, but that was my old riding.

Rui is a nice guy out of politics, but in June he ran a dirty campaign against Mario Silva.

quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 16 December 2004 11:37 AM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The Davenport riding has a LONG history of dirty campaigns, Rui was not even close to the worst guy last election.

I'm not giving him a free pass on this, but Silva's run quite a few dirty campaigns himself.

Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 11:39 AM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well seeing how I was working at Mario's campaign in June He said to everyone he wants to run a clean campaign, which we did.
Burns
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7037

posted 16 December 2004 11:40 AM      Profile for Burns   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Boo hoo fucking hoo.

I'm surprised Mario and Tony Reuprecht could stop taking names off of gravestones long enough to notice they were being "smeared".

From: ... is everything. Location! Location! Location! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 16 December 2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I need a cart-before-the-horse icon, pronto!

Is it negative to point out that Mario Silva proudly admitted to having more corporate funding than any other councilor while he was on the TO city council?

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Burns:
Boo hoo fucking hoo.

I'm surprised Mario and Tony Reuprecht could stop taking names off of gravestones long enough to notice they were being "smeared".

This is what I mean. I am not saying all Dipper's but alot are very bitter people. Me and a good friend of mine never see eye to eye when it comes to politics because she supports the NDP and I of course support the Liberals, but at least she isn't bitter towards me. I guess for some they know the NDP will never form a federal government.

quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 16 December 2004 12:33 PM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
He said to everyone he wants to run a clean campaign

Pretty much proves my point that he has to clairify this to his people. "Hey guys, how about this time we don't try to sabotage the NDP campaign, we did enough damage last time".

The only reason the NDP would be bitter in Davenport isn't because of the NDP not forming the government, but because the Davenport Liberals are really vindictive and run around saying things like

"If he is tell him to have a smear free campaign. Honestly I hope he isn't running ever again. "

Burns
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7037

posted 16 December 2004 12:51 PM      Profile for Burns   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Liberaler:
This is what I mean. I am not saying all Dipper's but alot are very bitter people. Me and a good friend of mine never see eye to eye when it comes to politics because she supports the NDP and I of course support the Liberals, but at least she isn't bitter towards me. I guess for some they know the NDP will never form a federal government.
I certainly don't believe all Liberals are scum (opportunists and idiots maybe) but Mario is a scummy shit. Tony Ruprecht is scummy shit.

And I know plenty of Liberals who have told me the very same thing. When Charles Caccia says Rui ran a dirty campaign I might give a shit. Until then please crawl back under your rock Liberaler.

From: ... is everything. Location! Location! Location! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 12:59 PM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I certainly don't believe all Liberals are scum (opportunists and idiots maybe) but Mario is a scummy shit. Tony Ruprecht is scummy shit.

And I know plenty of Liberals who have told me the very same thing. When Charles Caccia says Rui ran a dirty campaign I might give a shit. Until then please crawl back under your rock Liberaler.

And how is Mario a scummy shit? Do you know him personally? And why don't you go crawl back under your rock burns?!

[ 16 December 2004: Message edited by: Liberaler ]

quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 16 December 2004 01:39 PM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
From City Council

"Silva allies himself with the mayor on most issues, but when it comes to money -- the power issues -- he votes with right-winger Jakobek."

Just the implication of being friends with that Crook Jakobek should be enough.

But this doesn't even start with the allegations of voter coehersion that we heard of all through the last election.

Was there any peticular reason you started this thread anyway?

Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 01:52 PM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by quelar:
From City Council

"Silva allies himself with the mayor on most issues, but when it comes to money -- the power issues -- he votes with right-winger Jakobek."

Just the implication of being friends with that Crook Jakobek should be enough.

But this doesn't even start with the allegations of voter coehersion that we heard of all through the last election.

Was there any peticular reason you started this thread anyway?

Well you guys sure like to dig stuff up from the past. Well here is something for ya. Jordan Berger runs in the 2000 Federal election gets his ass beat by Caccia. Then he runs in to provincial election and he gets beat by Oh let me think right it was Tony Ruprecht. Need I say more?

[ 16 December 2004: Message edited by: Liberaler ]

Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 16 December 2004 02:08 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Perhaps. What do either of those campaigns have to do with Silva or dirty campaigning? Why was Caccia pushed aside in favour of Silva, given Caccia's proven campaign record? Are you always pre-emptively hysterical?
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberaler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5674

posted 16 December 2004 02:23 PM      Profile for Liberaler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Briguy:
Perhaps. What do either of those campaigns have to do with Silva or dirty campaigning? Why was Caccia pushed aside in favour of Silva, given Caccia's proven campaign record? Are you always pre-emptively hysterical?

It has nothing to do with mario's campaign it has to do with the fact people on this site always like to go in the past. Just like Harper and Layton did during the election with the sponsorship program. Folks get out of the past. It does nothing.

Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 16 December 2004 02:53 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Need I say more?

No.

Thanks for asking.

From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
speechpoet
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3693

posted 16 December 2004 04:11 PM      Profile for speechpoet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

From: Sunny Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 16 December 2004 04:12 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hehe. Scott has always understood that brevity is the soul of wit.
From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
HeywoodFloyd
token right-wing mascot
Babbler # 4226

posted 16 December 2004 04:26 PM      Profile for HeywoodFloyd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

It has nothing to do with mario's campaign it has to do with the fact people on this site always like to go in the past. Just like Harper and Layton did during the election with the sponsorship program. Folks get out of the past. It does nothing.

"Hey folks. Sure we robbed you but that was last year. We REALLY aren't robbing you now so we deserve your trust. Really. We won't violate it this time."

heh. Dude, you're funny.

From: Edmonton: This place sucks | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 16 December 2004 04:46 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah honestly what a lame thread -- especially to post on babble cause were all going to seriously discuss this.

Rui was a meanie -- he huwted my fewings because I wuv Mario Silva.

I need hugs! *grabby hands*

meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 16 December 2004 05:38 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
but in June he ran a dirty campaign against Mario Silva.

Any examples?
quote:
Well seeing how I was working at Mario's campaign in June He said to everyone he wants to run a clean campaign, which we did.

Yeah, you're not coming from a biased position, or anything. And of course, it's not like this thread could possibly be construed as, oh, I don't know, a SMEAR?!
From what I've heard, regardless of what he said at the office, Silva ran a dirty campaign indeed.
quote:

Or maybe it has to do with Mario Silva continually using homophobic smears against Pires and Martin Silva to get elected?
quote:
And why don't you go crawl back under your rock burns?!

Ouch! I can dere-liche my own balls, thanks!
quote:
Well you guys sure like to dig stuff up from the past. Well here is something for ya. Jordan Berger runs in the 2000 Federal election gets his ass beat by Caccia. Then he runs in to provincial election and he gets beat by Oh let me think right it was Tony Ruprecht. Need I say more?

Yeah, and he'll probably run again. Do-da, you really got us there Here's something from the present: Your party is a corrupt old boys network not worth the steam off my pee.
quote:

It holds your corrupt party to account, is what it does.

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 16 December 2004 06:35 PM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
It holds your corrupt party to account, is what it does.

Unfortunately we can't hold the morons accountable who keep voting for these tools.

Dagmar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5444

posted 16 December 2004 09:30 PM      Profile for Dagmar   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Does anybody who is close to Rui Pires know if he is running in the next Federal election. If he is tell him to have a smear free campaign. Honestly I hope he isn't running ever again.

Sounds like a good reason for Rui to run again. I have no clue about what the guy's personal or political beliefs are, but if he ran a nasty campaign and kicked the shit out of the Liberal last time, then he's good enough for me!

From: Santa looks a lot like Daggy! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 17 December 2004 01:42 AM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Is this the same Mario Silva, who, when he was in the closet, shamelessly gay-baited Martin Silva?

Boo Fucking Hoo is right.

Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
radiorahim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2777

posted 17 December 2004 04:13 AM      Profile for radiorahim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
While I can't stand the Conservative Party I absolutely positively DETEST with all the venom I can muster the Liberal Party.
From: a Micro$oft-free computer | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Burns
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7037

posted 17 December 2004 12:40 PM      Profile for Burns   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There are some Liberals who - much as I loathe their party - I wouldn't want to see "smeared". Some are decent (though profoundly misguided) people.

Mario Silva ain't one of them - and other Liberals will tell you the same:

quote:
There's a widespread perception that Caccia, like other Chrétien loyalists including Shiela Copps, was forced out of the seat during a nasty nomination contest this spring that saw the nomination go to former Toronto city councillor and Martin team-player Mario Silva... Caccia declined to participate in what he described to the national media as a "rigged nomination" for a seat he'd held for 36 years.

You'll always be a Marshall
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7206

posted 17 December 2004 05:48 PM      Profile for You'll always be a Marshall     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
There are some Liberals who - much as I loathe their party - I wouldn't want to see "smeared". Some are decent (though profoundly misguided) people.

Mario Silva ain't one of them - and other Liberals will tell you the same:

Tony O'Donohue? Remember the nasty battle they waged over a Toronto ward seat and they're both Liberal party members.

Bookish Agrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7538

posted 17 December 2004 06:08 PM      Profile for Bookish Agrarian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Liberals are so holy.
Here's what one Liberal candidate said to me. "Hey did you hear the awful rumour about..."the Conservative candidate. He had it down so pat you could tell he had repeated the "I can't believe people are saying ..." line a whole whack of times.
Oh and then there was the time that one of the senior campaign team (the holy Liberal one that is) went into a popular hangout yelling and swearing about stuff claiming to be from the NDP campaign.
Problem was he was recognized- that restaurant owner was our best advertisment after that and made a big donation.
As a farmer I clean the stuff you're trying to sell off my boots every day Liberaler

Out here we've nicknamed that same stuff Liberal promises.

[ 17 December 2004: Message edited by: Grant R. ]

[ 18 December 2004: Message edited by: Grant R. ]

From: Home of this year's IPM | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca