babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the NDP   » New Initials: RNDP?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: New Initials: RNDP?
Leftistness
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4206

posted 06 January 2004 12:33 AM      Profile for Leftistness     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Is it just me, or has the party adopted new initials - the RNDP?

It's pretty much impossible to read an article about the federal NDP now without Rejuvenated, Re-energized or Refreshed preceding "NDP".

Damn I've been waiting a long time for this.

From: good ol' Alberta | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingblake
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3453

posted 06 January 2004 01:35 AM      Profile for kingblake     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I thought it had already been changed to CNDP.
Its hard to find docs with "Canada's NDP".

From: In Regina, the land of Exotica | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
JeffWells
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4761

posted 06 January 2004 03:40 AM      Profile for JeffWells     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It feels good, doesn't it? First time in 15 years I've felt this way. And I'm even more optomistic now than then. I think the stars are aligning for us as they never have before federally. Going up against a united conservative party called the Liberals, with no credible threat on the far right to steal strategic voters, is making my mouth water.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4143

posted 06 January 2004 10:06 AM      Profile for Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I thought it stood for "Registered National Domestic Partnership," Paul Martin's secret plan to outlaw marriage.

In his never-ending quest to appear relevant to youth by co-opting musicians their parents used to like, Paul Martin will get the Village People to retool their hit YMCA to sell the idea.

Young ones, there's no need to feel down
I said, young ones, pick yourself off the ground
I said, young ones, 'cause you’re in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young ones, there's a place you can go
I said, young ones, when you're short on your dough
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It’s fun to stay in an RNDP
They have everything for young ones to enjoy.
You can hang out with all the boys.

It's fun to stay in an RNDP
You can get yourself clean
You can have a good meal
You can do whatever you feel.

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leftistness
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4206

posted 06 January 2004 09:46 PM      Profile for Leftistness     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, this is truly the first time in 12 years that I've felt like we have a chance to make a real difference on the federal scene (well, okay I did in '93, but I was a 17 year old naive neophyte then, so it doesn't count).

I actually Google "NDP" every day now just to see what good news there is for that day. Take today for example: Tuesday, January 6th...

1) BC provincial NDP nearly tied with the Liberals in a second poll, and it was taken before the police reaids at the legislature (I figured it would take a decade for us to recover in BC)

2) The federal Liberals start a Jack Layton attack website, admitting to all of Canada that Jack and the NDP are a threat (there is no such page set up for Harper, McKay, or the new Conservative party)

3) Well respected singer and member of the Order of Canada Terry Kelly announced his intention to run for the fefderal NDP

And every day is like this!!!

This is not to say that we don't have a Hell of a lot of work to do still, because we do. But it is nice to finally feel this way, especially for us Albertans who have had very little to cheer about for a very long time.

From: good ol' Alberta | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4143

posted 06 January 2004 09:58 PM      Profile for Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leftistness:
I actually Google "NDP" every day now just to see what good news there is for that day.

Go to http://www.google.com/newsalerts and you can set it up to notify you about news stories as they happen. They'll send you a plain-text email with links to the stories.

By the way, you forgot:

4) Belinda Stronach, Chuck Strahl and Tony Clement show no signs of interest in running for us.

[ 06 January 2004: Message edited by: Newbie ]

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca