babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » humanities & science   » It's not just the weather that's cooler in Canada

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: It's not just the weather that's cooler in Canada
kuba walda
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3134

posted 29 August 2003 02:29 PM      Profile for kuba walda        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2F642EB5

quote:
Canada signed the Kyoto global warming treaty, lets 19-year-olds drink, has more of its population living in urban areas and accepts more immigrants per capita than the United States.

These are all things we've been told will wreck our society. But I guess Canadians are different, because theirs seems oddly sound.

Like teenagers, we fiercely idolize individual freedom but really demand that everyone be the same. But the Canadians seem more adult -- more secure. They aren't afraid of foreigners. They aren't afraid of homosexuality. Most of all, they're not afraid of each other.

I wonder if America will ever be that cool.

Foxer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4251

posted 29 August 2003 03:41 PM      Profile for Foxer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read that when it came out

I especially love :

quote:
The Canadians are so quiet that you may have forgotten they're up there, but they've been busy doing some surprising things. It's like discovering that the mice you are dimly aware of in your attic have been building an espresso machine.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca