babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: rabble reactions.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » humanities & science   » Thoughts on the middle east forum

Author Topic: Thoughts on the middle east forum
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 09 January 2003 12:27 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
A quick count brings 29 active topics. All seem to deal with Israel and Palestine.

2003 does not seem to have advanced in finding possible solutions.

The U.S.A is rattling it's sabers.

Countries are for the war. Against the war. Don't know.

I see what you mean Zatamon. We are doomed.

From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 09 January 2003 03:02 AM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
As much as Africa, South America, Asia, should have separate forums, the Middle East should have one.

But the Holy Land(TM) of three major religions - comprising about half of humanity, does have a real, deserved or not (opinions vary) signifigance to many. Plus, the News forum was getting crowded...

Now when do we get a South America Forum? Asia? Africa? I guess we'd better start paying more attention to these areas as well.

From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 09 January 2003 03:13 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
South America doesn't generate as much heat as the Middle East does on babble. I could probably count the number of threads about Venezuela on one hand, and most of them have been started or heavily contributed to by me.

Viva Chavez, and all that.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 09 January 2003 03:18 AM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The starting of a Middle East forum is not a way of honouring the Middle East above other regions, it seems to me, but rather, simply a practical recognition that Middle East threads were crowding out all others, and by their strident, histrionic, and stultifying nature, discouraging some people from visiting the News and Politics forums at all.
From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 09 January 2003 03:18 AM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
However, this thread probably belongs in Rabble Reactions.
From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca