babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » babblers helping babblers   » rtsp?? rm or ram?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: rtsp?? rm or ram?
Triz
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10214

posted 22 January 2006 02:03 AM      Profile for Triz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A friend sent me a link for a CBC radio interview he did. The link starts with rtsp: and ends with rm (he seems to think in his email that it ends with ram. I have NO idea what this is and he is very capable of merciless mocking of my ignorance if I ask. Anyone know what this is? (I'm betting MANY people do, which is just going to make me feel even more like I should stick to an abacus. And a pencil).
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 22 January 2006 02:54 AM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.rm and .ram files are RealMedia files that you use Real Player to open. In Firefox, you should be able to post the link in the location bar, and it should ask you if you want to open the file in Real Player (if you have it installed).
From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Triz
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10214

posted 22 January 2006 07:05 PM      Profile for Triz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much!

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca