babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » babblers helping babblers   » GTA Carpool site

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: GTA Carpool site
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 25 November 2005 10:15 AM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably not of use to too many babblers, the city of Toronto (I think) has released a new Internet web site to coordinate car pooling.

Supposedly you sign up for this Smart Commute service, and it will allow you to hook up with others who live and work in the same area.

I would provide a more complete review of this service, but the stupid IT people forgot to take it out of "testing mode", so when registering the only email addresses you are able to use are city of Toronto email IDs.

I suspect that being in early release, that there are not that many members signed on (especially since you can't sign on unless you go get a job with the city, in which case I probably wouldn't have to car pool anyway) but it sounds like an idea that should have happened long ago.

From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca