babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » babblers helping babblers   » aaa Padilla, Padilla, Padilla..That's All Folks!!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: aaa Padilla, Padilla, Padilla..That's All Folks!!
nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 24 November 2005 07:52 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can anyone put me onto the story about Jose Padilla's photo being "swarthied up" [skin tone darkened] in the papers recently? You can see the original at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Padilla

ABC News used the darkened version on their World News Tonight piece on him.

Jeb616
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10841

posted 24 November 2005 07:53 PM      Profile for Jeb616   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best thread title ever.
I see what you mean though.

nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 24 November 2005 08:03 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks. The news story is but a few days old, but I can't source it. I'd like to have backup when I ask ABC WTF.
Jeb616
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10841

posted 24 November 2005 08:11 PM      Profile for Jeb616   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch all the news and don't understand any of it usually. So Im just going to read babble from now on.
Jeb616
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10841

posted 24 November 2005 08:13 PM      Profile for Jeb616   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ABC news website keeps crashing firefox on me, because I have a flash block extension for the damn dial-up. Rolling Stone webite does that too. Thread drift I know, but I can't be much help finding a pic.
nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 24 November 2005 08:33 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could never hope to get ABC's pic, I have no skills. I'd be happy to have the source of the news story, and let ABC do a side by side...
Maritimesea
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8953

posted 24 November 2005 11:52 PM      Profile for Maritimesea     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Couldn't find any information that links to ABC News but you say that the story says the photo of padilla was deliberately darkened? Weird, but I did find a couple of padilla's of different shades,

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca