babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » babblers helping babblers   » Babble on Mozilla toolbar has CBC logo!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Babble on Mozilla toolbar has CBC logo!
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 23 October 2005 04:18 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK - Am I losing my mind, or has there been some cute glitch in my browser? I use Firefox's "toolbar" feature for my personal bookmarks. Of course babble is right up there in the centre, between my online banking site and the Job Bank site.

Imagine my surprise when I open my broswer to find the icon representing babble is the round stylized dot that is the CBC logo?

Not that I mind, terribly, but... WTF??

From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
baba yaga
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6781

posted 23 October 2005 04:27 PM      Profile for baba yaga     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
steffie - I have babble up there in my Firefox toolbar too, but it doesn't have any logo. Come to think of it, it would be nice to have a babble logo.
From: urban forests | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 23 October 2005 04:30 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agreed. I'd like to see a babble icon on my toolbar!

My home page is CBC, and I thought that might be the culprit, so I tried switching homepages to another site with an icon, but it stayed the same. Even after closing and re-opening the browser. Maybe I have to do a full restart for it to apply.

From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 23 October 2005 05:41 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did a full restart with another home page. Still, babble is looking at me with the CBC "eye".

Weird.

kuri
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4202

posted 23 October 2005 05:58 PM      Profile for kuri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Babble on my firefox quicklink bar got a LiveJournal logo. I don't know how I did it or how to change it, either. I just considered it one of those quirky things until I saw this thread. Maybe babble's a logo thief! XD
From: an employer more progressive than rabble.ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 23 October 2005 06:18 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's all part of the great babble-Liberal-audra-Reality Bites conspiracy.

[ 23 October 2005: Message edited by: Scott Piatkowski ]

From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 23 October 2005 06:29 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you're on to something, Scott. Babblers can be inked to both CBC and LJ. Perhaps it's some kind of clever ... oh hell, I dunno.
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 23 October 2005 06:47 PM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the site admins, there is a site for creating favicon files from existing images ... here are examples of some bitmaps that can be produced with some of the standard rabble/babble logos.

To create these favicon files, and for instructions on how to use them on a web site, go here

From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
scott
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 637

posted 27 October 2005 01:38 AM      Profile for scott   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
here is a rabble favicon I just made (using the link above):

and here is a babble one:

You have to use a simple graphic that will mean something at 16x16 pixels.

[ 27 October 2005: Message edited by: scott ]

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca