babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: manitoba, ontario, quebec.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Catholic school board prefers abstinence over Gardasil

Author Topic: Catholic school board prefers abstinence over Gardasil
unionist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11323

posted 04 June 2008 11:17 AM      Profile for unionist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Catholic school board rejects HPV vaccine

quote:
BURLINGTON, ONT. — Public health nurses will not be welcome at Halton Catholic schools this fall to administer a vaccine to fight a virus contracted through sexual activity.

Trustees voted Tuesday night to not provide space in its elementary schools for the delivery of the HPV vaccination to girls in Grade 8.

The 5-4 vote reverses a decision trustees made last September.

Halton trustees also voted to have the board increase its efforts to impress students that abstinence before marriage was an important feature of the Catholic faith.

It is heartening to see the Catholic school system has found a more economical way to protect girls against HPV virus than the expensive and secular vaccination program. I suggest the savings to taxpayers be pumped back into more religious education.

St. Paul's Progressive
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12621

posted 04 June 2008 11:19 AM      Profile for St. Paul's Progressive     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Horrible. I think it's time for Ontario to enter modern times and abolish separate school funding.
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 04 June 2008 11:20 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by unionist:
It is heartening to see the Catholic school system has found a more economical way to protect girls against HPV virus than the expensive and secular vaccination program. I suggest the savings to taxpayers be pumped back into more religious education.

That's the spirit!

However...contrary to popular centre-of-the-universe belief...local GTA news is not "national" news. So I'm going to move this to the regional forum that includes Ontario.

[ 04 June 2008: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca