babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Scientology Protest by Anonymous in Vancouver

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Scientology Protest by Anonymous in Vancouver
ArghMonkey
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14945

posted 10 February 2008 04:57 PM      Profile for ArghMonkey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Here are a few pics from the crowd of Anonymous that protested the Scientology branch in downtown Vancouver B.C.

http://digg.com/world_news/Scientology_Protest_by_Anonymous_in_Vancouver

remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 10 February 2008 06:41 PM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tat
From: "watching the tide roll away" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 10 February 2008 08:51 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think there was one in Toronto as well.
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 10 February 2008 09:45 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can someone lay out a basic synopsis of the issue(s)? Afraid I'm terribly ignorant on the subject. I mean, I get that there's some secretive behaviour and all that, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Tom Cruise was weird on Oprah once. Honestly, all I've got.

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
OMeNerves
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14751

posted 11 February 2008 07:36 AM      Profile for OMeNerves     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mycroft's right. From yesterday's Star

Anons and non-anons alike were excellent (very friendly, stayed on the sidewalks, organized, et al) and it looked like about 200 people when I walked through at noon. From what I gather, it was a worldwide protest, and it went well. I loved the masks.

I wasn't aware of this campaign until yesterday, so I’m not the best person to summarize this (chime in ArghMonkey?), but it can’t hurt to start things off.

‘Anonymous’ are a large and loosely organized group who believe that information should be free. They dislike the Church of Scientology (CoS) on this point because 1] the Church financially drains its members (e.x. 1,300$ for an ‘audit’), and 2] regularly uses cease and desist orders, copyright claims and so on to keep CoS information out of the public sphere. Anonymous (as far as I can tell) aren’t ‘against’ any particular belief, and have no problems (as a group) with any set of beliefs; it’s the ‘Church’ and its tax-exempt status that gets them riled. They don’t hate Scientology – they just think the Church itself is incredibly dangerous.

There are a lot of other issues involved, but I don’t know enough about them.

As for the history of CoS, here's a Rolling Stone article from 2006

This is the site for Operation Clambake - a site I was directed to from Anon's demo literature.

Lastly, a bit from Anon's call to arms

quote:
It has come to the attention of Anonymous that there are a number of you out there who do not clearly understand what we are or why we have undertaken our present course of action. Contrary to the assumptions of the media, Anonymous is not "a group of super hackers". Anonymous is a collective of individuals united by an awareness that someone must do the right thing, that someone must bring light to the darkness, that someone must open the eyes of a public that has slumbered for far too long, that someone must counter assholes with great lulz.

But this thread needs a better synopsis then I can give. Anyone?

[ 11 February 2008: Message edited by: OMeNerves ]

aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 11 February 2008 11:36 AM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heavily influenced by "V for Vendetta".
OMeNerves
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14751

posted 11 February 2008 07:09 PM      Profile for OMeNerves     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Be very wary... of the 10th of February..."

Moderately influenced by Tom Cruise being wierd on Oprah once.

wwSwimming
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12538

posted 13 February 2008 04:43 AM      Profile for wwSwimming     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I walked by the Scient. store on Hastings or Pender in Vancouver a few times. Hard not to, if you walk east from downtown.

It's close to some decent pubs and also cannabis places like Cannabis Culture. I suppose there are some high-rise condo's being built in the area, implying that there are people with money to market their Scient. wares to.

Still, I had to wonder. How does that store make any money ? Every time I went by, it looked empty.

Scientology really has a tax loophole going, getting classified as a religion. It's a business that gives (well, sells) lifestyle management advice.

Of course, I suppose we could say the same about xTianity.

Also, why the anonymity ? I've heard of Scientology suing magazines, but, pursuing individual protesters ? I thought that was the US government's job.

I feel like there are bigger problems in the world than Scientology's tax loophole. But, for people that are so inclined or that are in a unique position to shed light on Scient.'s activities, more power to you. Scient's. claim to be a religion, and the resulting tax loophole, seems like one of their primary Achilles heels. And hence, the thing to focus on if you want to put a wrench in their works.

Step 1. Big poll to ask people if they think -
* is Scient. a religion or a business ?(to me, it feels like a business, having dealt with them in more than one city)
* is Scient. deserving of the tax-free status accorded to many (most ? all ?) religions ?

Step 2. Find a courageous minister to bring the subject up at the city, provincial, and national levels.

?? Does Scient. pay the 14 - 15 % GST tax on things they sell out of their bookstore/church ?

How about using video to document Scientology activities ? Post it on Youtube, then Scient. sues Google/ Youtube ... that could be interesting.

[ 13 February 2008: Message edited by: wwSwimming ]

From: LASIKdecision.com ~ Website By & For Injured LASIK Patients | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Le Téléspectateur
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7126

posted 13 February 2008 05:37 AM      Profile for Le Téléspectateur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Heavily influenced by "V for Vendetta".

I would say that they rip off V's image but are a diservice to V, an anarchist who works to bring down a facist state. Scientology is an easy target.

From: More here than there | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 13 February 2008 06:34 AM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Le Téléspectateur:

I would say that they rip off V's image but are a diservice to V, an anarchist who works to bring down a facist state. Scientology is an easy target.

True, but they took on neo-nazi pipsqueak (and FBI informant) Hal Turner first. Now they've moved on to a more powerful and better funded entity. Perhaps if they succeed in felling Scientology they'll move on to a bigger target - like Big Pharma, the military-industrial complex, or capitalism?

Well, maybe not.

N.Beltov
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4140

posted 13 February 2008 06:35 AM      Profile for N.Beltov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Rollling Stone article about Scientology notes the following:

quote:
The French sociologist Regis Dericquebourg, an expert in comparative religions, explains Scientology's belief system as one of "regressive utopia," in which man seeks to return to a once-perfect state through a variety of meticulous, and rigorous, processes intended to put him in touch with his primordial spirit. These processes are highly controlled, and, at the advanced levels, highly secretive. Critics of the church point out that Scientology, unique among religions, withholds key aspects of its central theology from all but its most exalted followers.

In Lebanon and some other countries, there is a religious community called the Druze. Druze practice the custom of Taqiya, from Shia Islam, of concealing or disguising their beliefs when necessary. They're famous for it. So the secretiveness noted above is by no means unique to Scientology.

From: Vancouver Island | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
wwSwimming
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12538

posted 13 February 2008 12:44 PM      Profile for wwSwimming     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't care for the organization, but I think some of the concepts are useful.

I had to stretch a little recently, to deal with the fact that my house is a mess. No big deal, I waited and waited and when a nearby storage space became available, I went for it.

But I really had to push myself ... I kept thinking of reasons to not rent the storage space.

I think Scientologists call this an 'engram', when you have behavior that is self-impeding.

Anyway, I was thinking of good old Tom Cruise when I pushed myself forward to do all the things to lease & clean the storage space. I was REALLY avoiding it.

I tried to read LRon's book once. 2 pages was about as much as I could manage.

As far as secrecy & religion, I think it's natural to hold back some of the "good stuff". It sounds like Scientology carries this to a high art, perhaps related to their abuse of the tax exemption for churches.

From: LASIKdecision.com ~ Website By & For Injured LASIK Patients | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
RosaL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13921

posted 13 February 2008 12:58 PM      Profile for RosaL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wwSwimming:
I don't care for the organization, but I think some of the concepts are useful.

I had to stretch a little recently, to deal with the fact that my house is a mess. No big deal, I waited and waited and when a nearby storage space became available, I went for it.

But I really had to push myself ... I kept thinking of reasons to not rent the storage space.

I think Scientologists call this an 'engram', when you have behavior that is self-impeding.

I think everyone over 12 has that concept! But a lot of other people have better ways of explaining the phenomenon and dealing with it.

From: the underclass | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Polly Brandybuck
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7732

posted 13 February 2008 02:48 PM      Profile for Polly Brandybuck     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Step 1. Big poll to ask people if they think -
* is Scient. a religion or a business ?(to me, it feels like a business, having dealt with them in more than one city)
* is Scient. deserving of the tax-free status accorded to many (most ? all ?) religions ?

* isn't it way past time for all religions to be stripped of any and all special tax treatments? If not, then sure, scientology should absolutely get a tax break. It's just as believable as any other.

From: To Infinity...and beyond! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 13 February 2008 05:13 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is."
- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach in 1949; quoted by Eshbach in Over My Shoulder.

LemonThriller
babbler
Babbler # 11085

posted 13 February 2008 05:42 PM      Profile for LemonThriller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain to me how Anonymous works? I tried reading their Wikipedia page and the argument about whether the posting should be deleted, and it all seemed like a bit of gibberish.

Does anyone know what imageboards are?

From: Halifax, N.S. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 13 February 2008 07:17 PM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonThriller:
Can someone explain to me how Anonymous works? I tried reading their Wikipedia page and the argument about whether the posting should be deleted, and it all seemed like a bit of gibberish.

Does anyone know what imageboards are?

An imageboard is a forum that revolves around posting images rather than text. babble, for example, is a message board because our posts mainly consist of text with the occasional picture. An imageboard would be mostly pictures, sometimes accompanied by a caption.

That's the easy part to understand. Anonymous is not that simple. In short, Anonymous is a collective personality that gets laughs ("the lulz") mostly from schadenfreude and black humour. In some ways Anonymous reveals some of the darkest parts of the human psyche, but in other ways it represents freedom. I know that's not a very good explanation, but it will have to do until someone gets around to writing an essay that can provide a full explanation.

From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 13 February 2008 07:30 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonThriller:
Can someone explain to me how Anonymous works?

Someone could explain it but then they'd have to kill you.

Sorry, am I getting my pop culture references mixed up?

Patrick Mundy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6576

posted 14 February 2008 05:37 PM      Profile for Patrick Mundy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I've been in a cult, both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader" - Creed Bratton.
wwSwimming
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12538

posted 14 February 2008 06:04 PM      Profile for wwSwimming     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Le Téléspectateur:

How can a group of real activist's trying to do something real and good, do a disservice to an imaginary person ?

If I was the creator of V for Vendetta, I'd be honored that activists were using the concept in real life.

What are the protesters trying to say ? Scientology is not useful ? I would have to say it is, to the people that are willing to pay the price.

I had a co-worker that went through one of their 3 month "de-tox/exercise" things in the later period of a divorce; it helped him. a technical sales guy in Silicon Valley.

As business goes, it's non-polluting (can't say that about the electronics industry).

As far as Thetans running around and inhabiting us, I would have to say that seems a little far-fetched.

Compared to the pseudo Christian church, like those posts about Pastor X or Pastor Bob, I would say Scientology is relatively harmless. They're not advocating the bombing of Iran, which a lot of Christians are.

Anon, I guess
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 15167

posted 26 April 2008 09:43 PM      Profile for Anon, I guess     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy? I made an account to sort this out.

Our goal is simple: to bring an end to the Church of Scientology. We do this for a variety of reasons. The "Church" is being labeled a religion, and has tax expemt status. The 'Church' has been directly responsable for many deaths (www.whyaretheydead.net). The 'Church' maintains a 'Fair Game' policy that states that any critic of the Co$ "May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."(http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Krasel/cooper/frk.html). The 'Church' blatantly disregards all laws, even going as far as to break into goverment buildings (http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/ops/go732/go732.htm). The 'Church' charges members hundreds of thousands of dollars to progress in the 'Church', making people bankrupt. The 'Church' has a practice of disconnection, pulling apart families (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disconnection)

Why the anonimity? For our own safety. Critics of the Co$ have been Fair Gamed in the past, and the practice is still going on today. The Guy Fawkes masks are meerly a way to protect ourselves.

Now, let me make this clear. We, as a collective,
have nothing against the beliefs of Scientologists. We are only protesting the unacceptable actions of the 'Church'

The truth is that Anonymous is nothing at all. Anonymous is a cloak that the collective internet has chosen to use. Anonymous has no organisation, no control, no hierarchy and no members. Anonymous is a common idea that the world can unite, without politics or ego, free of barriers, to achieve a goal. The goal, however, varies greatly depending on which Anonymous you speak to. Many are simply looking for the innocent humour of internet memes; some are even malicious and share questionable information, or even go so far as to collectively attack shared enemies through the anonymity of the internet. Anonymous consists of a wide gamut of people: from bored teenagers to young professionals looking to make a difference. But there is no label or cultural insignia one can affix to Anonymous.

You won’t find a member of Anonymous. You can search the internet for weeks, asking to speak with Anonymous, to join its legions, to understand its purpose, but you will ultimately find only fakes and attention-seekers. If you want to find Anonymous and become part of Anonymous, you are Anonymous. There are no initiation rituals or a charter. Anonymous has no face, no representation and no desire to make itself known.

An attractive goal has made itself apparent in recent months. A goal which all of Anonymous, of varied types and mindsets, have felt compelled to attain. The goal of shutting down the cult of misinformation and greed, The Church of Scientology, has proven to be a goal that has united and expanded Anonymous. And because of this, Anonymous is evolving. This goal has become attractive to more than just Anonymous; they were simply the catalyst. The goal is in turn spreading information, encouraging the ignorant to engage, and the apathetic to fight for something morally just and noble. This has become much more than Anonymous. This has become a goal for the world. If the media is looking for a single person or leader to speak for this movement against Scientology, it need not look further than its own neighbour or brother or lover. This is a goal that all peoples of the world are uniting to achieve, free of ego or contempt.

The world is Anonymous. Are you?

[ 26 April 2008: Message edited by: Anon, I guess ]

Uncle John
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14940

posted 28 April 2008 10:36 AM      Profile for Uncle John     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the amorphous blob aspect of this. I think amorphous blobs are the way of the future!
kimi
rabble publisher
Babbler # 4299

posted 29 April 2008 04:13 AM      Profile for kimi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is an piece Alex Samur recently published on Anonymous Activists Take on Scientology
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 29 April 2008 05:39 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable. If ever there was an organization that should be considered a terrorist organization and made illegal, this should be the one! Religious freedom, my ass. These people sound like the mafia.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jas
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9529

posted 29 April 2008 09:22 AM      Profile for jas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds to me like 'Anonymous' are 2 or 3 people who, for whatever reason, got snubbed by Scientology. And now they want to "take 'em down", not because they're a creepy, secretive pseudo-religion, but because they don't pay their friggin' taxes! Whatever. I think all that activism could be put to much better uses.
From: the world we want | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
jas
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9529

posted 29 April 2008 09:12 PM      Profile for jas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
never mind.

[ 29 April 2008: Message edited by: jas ]

Anon, I guess
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 15167

posted 30 April 2008 04:04 AM      Profile for Anon, I guess     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, it's not two or three people, it's thousands. We are partly protesting the lack of taxes being paid, but mostly the horrifying things the 'Church' has done.

In regard to "all that activism could be put to much better uses" that's not the point. Anyone can protest the war in Iraq, or Afghanistan, or the treatment of people from Tibet in China, but we are in a unique position to do some serious damage to a criminal organization who no one else can stop.

If anyone is interested, here are some informational links:

www.whyaretheydead.net
www.whyweprotest.org
www.youfoundthecard.com
www.xenu.net
www.xenutv.com
www.lermanet.com
www.enturbulation.org

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not Forget. Expect us.

RosaL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13921

posted 30 April 2008 10:19 AM      Profile for RosaL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scientology contract

It's a pdf and it takes a while to load - or it did for me. But it's "interesting".

Sean in Ottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4173

posted 30 April 2008 12:19 PM      Profile for Sean in Ottawa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow- quite a contract. Probably the longest and most comprehensive disclaimer/release I have ever seen. Interestingly, while it allows for free-will on joining, there is absolutely no provision that would allow the person to back out and regain the human rights surrendered to this organization through the contract.

It is interesting how it provides and protects among other things: the "church's" ability to maintain a secret file on followers that it never has to disclose or give up-- for ever. And how it provides the "Church" the power to direct the entire life of a follower under the guise of religious prescription. Essentially you are no longer your own person and you give up all autonomy as well as the influence of anyone other than the "church" including any professional help. Looks like all the bases are covered here.

I wonder if such a contract could hold up in law - where you essentially surrender everything in perpetuity only to be exclusively judged and directed by this organization. Does a person have the right to completely contract out their autonomy? In the face of such a contract could that person ever be held personally responsible for anything they are instructed to do on behalf of the organization?

Is this a fair reading - those who have read it?

What is the reported history of cults using such contracts to enforce membership?

When I was around 19 or 20 I went into a storefront Dianetics store in Toronto- had never heard of them before. They had both personality and IQ tests (guess I failed them by walking through the front door... but young and foolish-- and a couple hours to kill before the bus back to Ottawa). I found the IQ test interesting because such a test is supposed to be neutral yet it was loaded with cultural references biased towards a Western cultural experience. They did not like it when I pointed that out. It seemed the come-on is to do both an intelligence test and a personality test- the intelligence test is to say you are smart (who would want to argue with that) and the personality test is to say you are bright but defective and need their help. I assume nobody "passes" that test as it is the sales pitch for why you need them.

Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 30 April 2008 12:30 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A group with no direction acting in unison. Something doesn't add up. Not that I mind seeing Scientology taken down, I just don't buy that there is no leadership in the strategy.
Sean in Ottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4173

posted 30 April 2008 12:31 PM      Profile for Sean in Ottawa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another thought-- anyone know if that contract has ever been litigated? I see some issues there....
Sean in Ottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4173

posted 30 April 2008 12:57 PM      Profile for Sean in Ottawa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So if Scientology is a religion-- and capitalist economics is a religion-- why doesn't the Conservative party officially align itself with the religion of Fraserism? Perhaps it could argue unlimited campaign spending as religious freedoms?

(Hope Heywood Floyd doesn't see this--)
Sorry - Heywood - could not resist

Sean in Ottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4173

posted 30 April 2008 12:59 PM      Profile for Sean in Ottawa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pogo:
A group with no direction acting in unison. Something doesn't add up. Not that I mind seeing Scientology taken down, I just don't buy that there is no leadership in the strategy.

Huh? What do you think the Liberal Party of Canada is???

Anon, I guess
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 15167

posted 28 May 2008 04:58 PM      Profile for Anon, I guess     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pogo:

Well, the simple thing is: there isn't. We are "governed" by a system referred to as the "hivemind". Put simply, all ideas are put forth and evaluated by the masses. We pick and choose the best ideas, and so far the system as worked great.

Also, here's the link to the Ottawa chapter of anonymous: www.ottawalulz.com

[ 28 May 2008: Message edited by: Anon, I guess ]

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 28 May 2008 05:08 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not nearly as good as the Anarcho-Stalanist League. ASL, not to be confused the Anti-sex league.

We have no meetings whatsoever, unlike other factionalized communist elements. In fact, most members don't even know they are members, each member is simply hooked up to universal class conciousness at all time through deep awareness of the dialectic. We are already spintered, and have no correct political line, or more to the point several correct lines. Each member knows what their exact relationship to capitalism is at any given point of time, knowing precisely what to do say without reference to any committees, phone list or other organizational tools.

Did I mention we never have meetings? This is the best part for sure. No ideas are ever put foreward by anyone, becuase there is no meetings in which to have ideas. Nomind, as opposed to Hivemind, if you like. There is no divisiness or diputes or splitting, nor former disgruntled members. Hell, most members don't even know they are members so how could there be personal ego and ambition resulting in infighting, feuds and disputes?

Imagine political activism without meetings?

Liberty without Tyrrany is not Anarcho-Stalinism!

[ 28 May 2008: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
RosaL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13921

posted 28 May 2008 06:00 PM      Profile for RosaL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No phone list? How do you expect to overthrow capitalism without a phone list?

I think I've met some of your members.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 28 May 2008 09:26 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When the call comes we will know.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
jas
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9529

posted 28 May 2008 09:32 PM      Profile for jas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anon, I guess:
We are "governed" by a system referred to as the "hivemind".

And that doesn't make me think at all of Scientology.

quote:
Put simply, all ideas are put forth and evaluated by the masses. We pick and choose the best ideas, and so far the system as worked great.

That does sound great. Except for the wee problem that there is some kind of "masses" that do the evaluating - but nobody organizes them, and a certain "we" that picks the ideas. And how is "best" arrived at?

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 28 May 2008 10:04 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally really always hated the scientology thing. I don't know about the deaths (some possible some probable. but they certainly are all about ripping off vulnerbale people. I think the story from the reportet is solid, but it may be the "org" has straightened up its act. Who knows?

I don't know if its worse than the Catholic Church.Regardless, I love the demos the masks, the whole thing. Keep it up, whoever you are.

Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 28 May 2008 10:35 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cueball:
Not nearly as good as the Anarcho-Stalanist League. ASL, not to be confused the Anti-sex league.

We have no meetings whatsoever, unlike other factionalized communist elements. In fact, most members don't even know they are members, each member is simply hooked up to universal class conciousness at all time through deep awareness of the dialectic.

Do you think that Jeff may be member and doesn't realize it?

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca