babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: the media.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Friends of Simon Wiesenthal ad in National Post

Author Topic: Friends of Simon Wiesenthal ad in National Post
johnpauljones
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7554

posted 05 February 2008 08:28 AM      Profile for johnpauljones     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Folks we have a new term to use. The FSW placed a full page ad in today's national post.

Unfort they made a little mistake.

We are not here to fight anti-semetism

rather it is anti-semanticism

I would like to apologize for anyone I have ever called an anti-semite. I should have used the proper phrase of anti-semantic

From: City of Toronto | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 05 February 2008 10:18 AM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Looks like the SWC has strayed somewhat from their mandate.
Petsy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12553

posted 05 February 2008 12:15 PM      Profile for Petsy        Edit/Delete Post
Oy these groups ought to stay clear of things they do not know
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 05 February 2008 01:40 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Petsy:
Oy these groups ought to stay clear of things they do not know

The lesson is if you're going to drop $30K or so for a full page ad, don't rely on your spellchecker to do your proofreading.

johnpauljones
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7554

posted 05 February 2008 02:04 PM      Profile for johnpauljones     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
actually they mispelled neighbour as well
From: City of Toronto | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 05 February 2008 05:36 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnpauljones:
Folks we have a new term to use. The FSW placed a full page ad in today's national post.

Unfort they made a little mistake.

We are not here to fight anti-semetism

rather it is anti-semanticism

I would like to apologize for anyone I have ever called an anti-semite. I should have used the proper phrase of anti-semantic

Are you sure? I've just looked at a PDF of the ad and the "anti-Semantic" mistake isn't there. It is, however, in an email version I got of the ad.

miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 05 February 2008 05:38 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
aka its in the print version i saw getting a coffee today.

anti-semantic is used twice. 2 sentences in a row. neighbour has no u in same paragraph

aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 05 February 2008 05:47 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Indeed. I've just checked the print version myself and the error is there even though it's NOT in the PDF? I guess they sent the wrong version to the printer
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 February 2008 05:48 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

Anyhow, I think this is probably less "news" and more "media" related discussion, so I'll move this thread there.

Too funny.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca