babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » What about the children of Afghanistan,do we as Canadians owe them a quality of life?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: What about the children of Afghanistan,do we as Canadians owe them a quality of life?
Centerfield
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13025

posted 22 September 2006 06:30 PM      Profile for Centerfield        Edit/Delete Post
Is it right to teach these children about the world through our education or should we get out of there lives and let them face there own fate no matter what the outcome is ?
Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 22 September 2006 06:45 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Huh?

Is that a quote from an old Indian Affairs minister discussing the Good Works of residential schools?

If not, I don't see how this fits in national news.

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slumberjack
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10108

posted 25 September 2006 08:25 AM      Profile for Slumberjack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't think it's a question of "owe," but from a social and humanitarian perspective, there is never anything wrong with helping out fellow human beings regardless of their age, as long as there are no ulterior motives behind the extended hand.
From: An Intensive De-Indoctrination, But I'm Fine Now | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banjo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7007

posted 25 September 2006 08:44 AM      Profile for Banjo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Your question seems an attack on the position of those who want to withdraw our troops. For one thing, making an attempt to draw on the heart strings by referring to the children.

There are millions of children suffering-- including torture, starvation and rape--all over the world. Far better to put our resources and risk the lives of our citizens in areas where there is a more attainable goal.

[ 25 September 2006: Message edited by: Banjo ]

From: progress not perfection in Toronto | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 25 September 2006 08:52 AM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Centerfield:
Is it right to teach these children about the world through our education or should we get out of there lives and let them face there own fate no matter what the outcome is ?

Find yourself a copy of the New Testament and have a read of the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats. Then, answer your own question.

From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
SUPERSNAKE
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5856

posted 25 September 2006 10:41 AM      Profile for SUPERSNAKE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Centerfield:

I'd wager that I'm a lot like the majority of Canadians in that I'm:

1/ Proud of the job our troops are doing over there.

2/ Uncertain how much, or even what, we're accomplishing over there.

3/ Wanting to help.

I think we are teaching them something just by being there. What that something is, who can say for sure?

From: none of your business | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Buddy Kat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13234

posted 25 September 2006 11:17 AM      Profile for Buddy Kat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
As was pointed out in another thread most of the so called taliban that are used for statistical puposes (we killed XXX amount) have turned out to be the fathers of these children.

The Canadian soldier in there effort to please the pentagon are creating orphans where none have existed previous to there participation.

The US has dropped 15,000 tons of DU on afghanistan...these children are going to die anyways..as a form of democratic genocide if you will...The Canadian soldier will also pay just by being there.They will however get a lumpsum payment "pat on the back" payment if you will when and if they live.

When you hear "little tory 2 shoes" blabbing about woman and childrens quality of life etc etc. You know there is something fishy. Show me a neocon that gives a rats ass about woman and child rights and I'll show you a lying bag of you no what. Don't drown in yer beer or choke on your popcorn.

It should be clear to anyone with common sense that this war is designed by the pentagon for the pentagon and Canada is just blindly following their orders. Very sad canada has allowed there reputation to be destroyed like this.

remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 25 September 2006 11:37 AM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Kat:
When you hear "little tory 2 shoes" blabbing about woman and childrens quality of life etc etc. You know there is something fishy. Show me a neocon that gives a rats ass about woman and child rights and I'll show you a lying bag of you no what. Don't drown in yer beer or choke on your popcorn.

Pretty much sums it up!

But as to the question, I had to ask myself to Afganistanis owe my children a "quality of life"? The answer is; "NO"!

From: "watching the tide roll away" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 25 September 2006 11:48 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Good old Centrefield strikes again!
From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 25 September 2006 11:52 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, no kidding.

This isn't national news, and since neither I (nor anyone else, it seems) can even figure out what Centrefield was trying to ask, I'm just going to close it.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca