babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » 'Suspicious' package on Air India Flight.... Oh my!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Suspicious' package on Air India Flight.... Oh my!
zak4amnesty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10981

posted 19 September 2006 05:24 AM      Profile for zak4amnesty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Certainly we are becoming paranoid in these post 911 days....... Britain, America, Canada, & Holland seemed determined to interupt as many flights as possible. Certainly, to err on the side of caution is sensible, but come on....

During one visit to Israel in 1997, I had the pleasure of having my British Airways flight redirected off the main runway after landing as their was a suspicious package found on board. After 45 minutes we were lead off the plane and bussed to the terminal far off in the distance. Having arrived at Ben Gurion, we were shortly ushered into the centre of the terminal as a bomb threat had been made. During the next three weeks, I made about a dozen trips to and from Ben Gurion and learned quickly that my initial experience is basically a daily occurance at that airport..... I can understand it there.

What is your experience.....
We are paranoid...... right? !!

From: Chemical Valley | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca