babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Tubal Ligations Nixxed for Religious Reasons

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Tubal Ligations Nixxed for Religious Reasons
Berlynn
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2630

posted 14 September 2006 07:07 PM      Profile for Berlynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This should be national news! It's absolutely appalling and disgusting. And yes, only in Saskatchewan...
silk stocking advocate
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13085

posted 15 September 2006 10:02 AM      Profile for silk stocking advocate        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree this is an important issue. One that plauges religious affiliated inst. across the country. Not only in Saskatchewan.....
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 15 September 2006 10:25 AM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this a publicly funded church? Does it cater to more than just Catholics? I hereby declare we remove all funding for the Catholic church, including the schools.

I'm sorry but since when do Catholics have the right to impose their 'values' on an entire population of people? And since when were they allowed more rights than women? Disgusting.

I am really really sick of religion, in particular Christian fundies.

From: Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
chester the prairie shark
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6993

posted 15 September 2006 10:48 AM      Profile for chester the prairie shark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
worse yet, i believe the original Star Phoenix story stated that the hospital would continue to perform visectomies.

this not the first time this issue has come up around catholic run saskatchewan hospitals. a few years ago the saskatoon heath district was about to put all obstetrics and gynocology at St. pauls. then the hospital said it would apply "catholic values" and bing bang boom the district centralised these services at RUH. oh and the chief at obstetrics at st.pauls left the province since he/she was effectively demoted by the move and would then have been reporting to the chief of obstetrics at RUH.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca