babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Iraqi police say U.S. troops executed 11, including baby

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Iraqi police say U.S. troops executed 11, including baby
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 March 2006 10:23 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Iraqi police say U.S. troops executed 11, including baby

quote:
The report was signed by Col. Fadhil Muhammed Khalaf, who was described in the document as the assistant chief of the Joint Coordination Center.

A local police commander, Lt. Col. Farooq Hussain, interviewed by a Knight Ridder special correspondent in Ishaqi, said autopsies at the hospital in Tikrit "revealed that all the victims had bullet shots in the head and all bodies were handcuffed." Efforts to reach hospital spokesmen Sunday were unsuccessful.

Keefe, the U.S. military spokesman, said that he had seen photographs of the victims and had not seen handcuffs, which caused him to doubt the validity of the report.

A repeat attempt to start a thread on this important topic, as the last three have been closed.

I just don't understand why this topic is being streamed into the Iraq after 2-22 thread. It doesn't make sense. Lots of people want to discuss the specifics of this incident, and it have nothing to do with the Najaf bombing or Iraqi interethnic violence, but an accusation of a Mai Lai type massacre.

[ 20 March 2006: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 20 March 2006 10:38 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
A repeat attempt to start a thread on this important topic, as the last three have been closed.

Why is that?!

From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 March 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't know.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
unionist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11323

posted 20 March 2006 10:56 PM      Profile for unionist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think there has been some thread confusion. When I posted the other "My Lai" type massacre which has just broken, that thread was also closed for reasons of duplication, whereas the story had not appeared before. Here is the Globe version, vintage today:

U.S. Marines accused of massacring 15 Iraqi civilians in Haditha

Please, moderators, note that this is not the same story as the one above (which is from Ishaqi), and I believe the whole issue of My Lai-type massacres which is now coming forward deserves to be chronicled and discussed in a thread of its own.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 21 March 2006 12:05 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm afraid writer owns the rights on any information about Iraq posted on babble.

I don't know why that is, though.

Neither do I know why Iraq has left the Middle East. I had always supposed the movement of Tectonic plates was, er, geologically slow.

[ 21 March 2006: Message edited by: al-Qa'bong ]

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 21 March 2006 12:39 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Again, we aren't talking about Palestinians here. Killing Iraqi's is news.
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 21 March 2006 01:23 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So the ME threads are babble's ghetto for Palestinians?

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wee Mousie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12266

posted 21 March 2006 02:27 AM      Profile for Wee Mousie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Info Clearing House has just sent out that story entitled Killing Children: The “My Lai phase” of the Iraq war by Mike Whitney, accompanied by three dozen very hard to look at graphic photos of the incident.

The copy before the jump reads:

What goes through George Bush’s mind when he sees the dead bodies of Iraqi women and children loaded on the back of a pickup truck like garbage? Is there ever a flicker of remorse; a split-second when he fully grasps the magnitude of the horror he has created?

WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article12404.htm

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 21 March 2006 02:32 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:
So the ME threads are babble's ghetto for Palestinians?

No no no. Don't be so supicious. The Middle East begins at the Cheba Farms, runs south along the Jordan river to the Port of Eliat, and then crosses up on a line up to the city of Gaza.

writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 21 March 2006 12:15 PM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Just to clarify: Cueball is wrong. Will he apologize? Time will only tell.

As I wrote to Frustrated Mess in the thread "Iraq after 2-22" when he posted about this incident:

quote:
As mentioned ... [in his initial thread], it was closed because another thread about the incident predates yours: air raid carnage [with link]. That said, thanks for adding the information here [to "Iraq after 2-22"].

No plot to downplay the story. Just a desperate desire by a couple of babblers to create something out of nothing.

[ 21 March 2006: Message edited by: writer ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 21 March 2006 09:44 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:
I'm afraid writer owns the rights on any information about Iraq posted on babble.

I don't know why that is, though.

Okay, I don't know what your problem is, al-Q, but this is the second thread where I've seen you follow writer in and snipe at her in this manner, and it needs to stop pronto.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca