FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » state of the union stupidity

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: state of the union stupidity
profit mohammed
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11868

posted 31 January 2006 10:42 PM      Profile for profit mohammed        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
did i just head bush say he wants american students to be competitive in math and science, and that he wants american students to have the best math and science teachers and programs?

how, exactly, are they supposed to stay competitive in science when you want creationism taught in the science classes?

baba yaga
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6781

posted 31 January 2006 10:46 PM      Profile for baba yaga     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
re: your heading - funny thing, i jot down my tv schedule & listed this at "stupid of the union".

[ 31 January 2006: Message edited by: baba yaga ]

From: urban forests | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
profit mohammed
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11868

posted 31 January 2006 10:55 PM      Profile for profit mohammed        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
more like state of denial

[ 31 January 2006: Message edited by: profit mohammed ]

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 01 February 2006 12:16 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you notice how the broadcasters were enlisted by the White House to participate in the presentation package?

It wasn't just the gushing anticipation and the sycophantic commentary.

The broadcasters obviously had copies of the speech in advance, so they could be ready with the Coretta King slide, and have the cameras all cued up with the next reaction shot from the appropriate audience member(s), even before the words were fully out of Bush's mouth.

"Camera 4, Bush is about to make complimentary remarks about the military in about 10 seconds. Give us a nice tight close-up of Gen. Schoomaker."

From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Labonza
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11935

posted 01 February 2006 09:35 AM      Profile for Labonza     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another year, another "State Of The Moron" address.

A tired rerun of stuff from last year. Even the Moron was having trouble maintaining enthusiam when we wasnt talking about Duh War On Terra and Iran. The stuff about teaching Amurricans about math and science was hilarious.

Are America's fast food restaurants running out of people that can count burgers?

Looks like the dope is runnin' a lil' low on his usual arrogance...did somebody read him the latest poll #s? Poor Moron, cant destroy Social Security yet either.

Even by the Moron's low standards, a dissapointing list of recycled promises and tired cliches.

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 01 February 2006 10:45 AM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Supposedly he said America will have to break out of its dependence on oil.

And he'll be as front and center on that job as he's been with his "trip to Mars" that everyone [including his administration] forgot about 2 days later.

A putz, a war criminal, a moron, with no credibilty. Rejected by the voters twice.

nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 01 February 2006 11:32 AM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He didn't update us on the war on sex slavery either..hasn't mentioned it since he made the "major speech" so many moons ago.

Warputz. Thanks, thwap..warputz is what I'm calling him from now on. Every one will know who I'm referring to.

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 01 February 2006 12:15 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He made a speech on sexual slavery? I missed it, and therefore, I guess, all of his efforts on the subject.

"Warputz."

"Ah'm a warputz. With war on my brain."

nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 01 February 2006 01:16 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna google it, but I think it was two years back, speaking to the UN. The general reaction was "WTF?".
nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 01 February 2006 01:26 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sept.23, 2003..to the UN General Assembly. Pledged $50,000,000 to halt sex tourism, signed the PROTECT act, blah blah...then dinner with Gannon.
profit mohammed
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11868

posted 01 February 2006 02:44 PM      Profile for profit mohammed        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wait a second. didnt his brother (no, not jeb, the other one) get busted for sleeping with a south asian prostitute or something? if he wants to halt the sex tourism industry he should tell his brother to keep it in his pants when he goes to south asia on business, or whatever it is he does by trading on his name there.
nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 01 February 2006 05:02 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are plenty of brothels in Nevada, if I'm not mistaken. Licensed brothels.
deBeauxOs
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10099

posted 01 February 2006 05:25 PM      Profile for deBeauxOs     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
posted by nister: There are plenty of brothels in Nevada, if I'm not mistaken. Licensed brothels.
But is it sex tourism if it is found in the US, or just good ole 'murrican "free" enterprise?

From: missing in action | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michael Watkins
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11256

posted 01 February 2006 06:20 PM      Profile for Michael Watkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thwap:
Supposedly he said America will have to break out of its dependence on oil.

Ha.

Two minutes fifteen seconds on energy; not a single microsecond on conservation.

Not that I expected more from Bush, but I am amazed that he seems destined to bring the US to the point of real energy crisis during his term.

That might be his plan.

From: Vancouver Kingway - Democracy In Peril | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snuckles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2764

posted 01 February 2006 11:45 PM      Profile for Snuckles   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bush from his SOTU address:
quote:
"Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research, human cloning in all its forms, creating or implanting embryos for experiments, creating human-animal hybrids, and buying, selling or patenting human embryos."

Oh well, goodbye Down's Syndrome research.

siren
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7470

posted 02 February 2006 12:05 AM      Profile for siren     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, when he talked about human animal hybrids, I thought he was worried about this type of thing:

From: Of course we could have world peace! But where would be the profit in that? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca