If this is true - holy fuck. Talk about discrediting the Gomery Commission...
January 31, 2006 - Forgive me for being blunt, but how in the name of Christ was the official spokesman for the Gomery Commission permitted to write a book about what was going on behind the scenes at the Gomery Commission?
This is the big surprise I had been planning for you - but La Presse beat me to it.
It's about Francois Perrault, the Gomery Commission's head flak, was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for a year's work - sole-sourced, too - by the tax payer. Some of the things Perrault said about Jean Chretien now actually form part of Chretien's Federal Court case alleging bias.
Here's the gist of the La Presse story, for those of you who cannot read French:
* Perrault's slender book is called ''Inside Gomery.' It's being published by Douglas and McIntyre.
* The book will be released on February 21, at a party at the National Arts Centre.
* Perrault himself admitted that the writing of such a book is analogous to "insider trading."
* Despite that, he started to write the book in October, when the first Gomery volume had yet to be released.
* Gomery knew all about it. He even wrote the preface for the book.