babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Wrong forum. Oops. Party?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Wrong forum. Oops. Party?
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 28 November 2005 03:37 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ 28 November 2005: Message edited by: Briguy ]

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kuri
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4202

posted 28 November 2005 07:00 PM      Profile for kuri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This can't be a very exclusive party. I managed to get here!
From: an employer more progressive than rabble.ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
kuri
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4202

posted 30 November 2005 12:32 AM      Profile for kuri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And it appears I killed it.
From: an employer more progressive than rabble.ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
rinne
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9117

posted 30 November 2005 12:52 AM      Profile for rinne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the very best parties take time to get going.
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 30 November 2005 10:36 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Open Bar!

that oughta do it

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kuri
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4202

posted 30 November 2005 02:25 PM      Profile for kuri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

ephemeral
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8881

posted 30 November 2005 04:20 PM      Profile for ephemeral     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oooh, a partay!! And I almost missed it. I'll have a glass of red wine, please. Would somebody like to share a joint with me? What's playing?
From: under a bridge with a laptop | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
MartinArendt
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9723

posted 30 November 2005 05:25 PM      Profile for MartinArendt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, did I miss anything?

Are people blazing up in here, yo? (hey, look at me! I'm that fifty cents person!)

Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 30 November 2005 05:28 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, could you pop a cap in my ass? My nephew would love that!
From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 30 November 2005 05:33 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fuh' shizzle.
ephemeral
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8881

posted 01 December 2005 11:21 AM      Profile for ephemeral     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
let's smoke a joint and listen to Polmo Polpo. Very, very talented, groovy Toronto artist. Any other local favourite artists?
thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 01 December 2005 03:35 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You kids don't know what good music is!!

Now gang way, I've got some "Goddo" that you need to listen to!

Where the fuck's the record player???

West Coast Greeny
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6874

posted 01 December 2005 04:17 PM      Profile for West Coast Greeny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Record player? F that! I'll break out the turntables and do my best imitation of Mr. Hahn.

And now for a lesson in rhythem mangegment. *starts scratching vynel*

ephemeral
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8881

posted 01 December 2005 04:26 PM      Profile for ephemeral     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cripes, WCG, my eyes got wonky, and I swear I read that last line of yours as *starts scratching vagina*
thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 01 December 2005 06:42 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What the hell are you doing with that record???

You're going to scratch it!! Just set it down and let it play the record!

Here, put my record on next. "Best Seat in the House," it'll, ... what's the expression, "Rock your planet."

I need a drink. Gad! That scratching! You better not scratch my record!

grumpy old fogey goes and gets a drink ...

aRoused
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1962

posted 01 December 2005 07:49 PM      Profile for aRoused     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Famouse Grouse is on sale at Sainsbury's: 25% off. Not good for my liver, considering that makes it about $CDN25 a litre. Okay, not a good Scotch, but at that price..

So, anyone for ice? lemon? neat? Where did I put the quaich?

From: The King's Royal Burgh of Eoforwich | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
MartinArendt
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9723

posted 01 December 2005 08:26 PM      Profile for MartinArendt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why can't we just put on some "Morcheeba" or "Postal Service". Everybody likes those bands. They're so inoffensive and melodic!

I have some broccoli and carrots. Anybody have some dip?

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 01 December 2005 09:56 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I ate all my hummus just today.

Uh, ... I don't feel so good. Where's the bathroom?

[Old guy who cane-tuh purtee lak he yooshed two runs down hallway and pukes on somebody's bed ....]

p.s.
Actually, this is as good a time as any for thwap to sign off for real, so thwap is signing off for real for tonight.

Party-on Doods!

RIGHTEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West Coast Greeny
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6874

posted 02 December 2005 01:28 PM      Profile for West Coast Greeny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ephemeral:
Cripes, WCG, my eyes got wonky, and I swear I read that last line of yours as *starts scratching vagina*

Ephemeral, I'm a dude, and a member of BWAGA, so you should know that that isn't possible.

Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 02 December 2005 02:06 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ephemeral:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ephemeral, I'm a dude, and a member of BWAGA, so you should know that that isn't possible.

In fairness, ephemeral didn't specify who's vagina...

Barkeep!

[ 02 December 2005: Message edited by: The Dude ]

rinne
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9117

posted 02 December 2005 03:16 PM      Profile for rinne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll take what The Dude is drinking please, it looks good. Glad to see the party got going, what's that playing on the stereo now? How about a little Orishas?
ephemeral
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8881

posted 02 December 2005 04:44 PM      Profile for ephemeral     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thwap:
What the hell are you doing with that record???
You're going to scratch it!! Just set it down and let it play the record!
-----
I need a drink. Gad! That scratching! You better not scratch my record!

Relax dude! That's not a record being scratched. It's somebody's vagina. Man, you're so square.

quote:
posted by thwap:
[Old guy who cane-tuh purtee lak he yooshed two runs down hallway and pukes on somebody's bed ....]

God, how embarrassing! I can't take you anywhere!

cow: What kinda music are the Orishas? With a cool name like that, sure, I'll listen to them.

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 02 December 2005 06:51 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[old guy looks up groggily from the floor with puke in his beard ....]

"g-g-g-rrr-ooooaaaa--nnnnnnnnnnnnnn."

[head falls back down to floor.]

rinne
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9117

posted 03 December 2005 05:10 AM      Profile for rinne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ephemeral, Orishas is a Cuban rap group and they are fabulous, in fact I think I'll just turn up the music now.

Check them out.

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 03 December 2005 11:57 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Goddammmmitt! "Goddo!" mutherfukkerrr!! "besht sheet in th'howshhh!!"

c'mon, lesh get hi!

West Coast Greeny
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6874

posted 05 December 2005 05:07 PM      Profile for West Coast Greeny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thwap, step away from the ecstacy, come on...
thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 07 December 2005 06:13 AM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cupple daze later, old man wakes up dirty and smelly in freezing abandoned loft and staggers home.

"Coulda been the whiskey,
Might have been the gin,
Could have been the 3 or 4 six-packs,
I don't know,
But look at the mess I'm in ...."

Sleeping Sun
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10470

posted 07 December 2005 09:29 AM      Profile for Sleeping Sun     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ARGHHH! Earworm!!

Thank-you very much. Usually I am saved from Irish Rover hell until I inadvertently catch a few bars of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer".

It has to be past noon somewhere.

If I'm needed, I'll be in the basement with my keg of weissebier.

bring a glass.

From: when I find out, I'll let you know | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
maikeru
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10028

posted 07 December 2005 08:45 PM      Profile for maikeru        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well I gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it
cause I know just what I'm gonna do
I'll start to spend my money callin everybody honey
and I'll wind up singin the blues
I'll spend my whole paycheck on some old wreck
And brother I can name you a few
Well I gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it
cause I know just what I'm gonna do

I gotta get drunk, I just can't stay sober
There's a lot of good people in town
Who like to see me holler, see me spend my dollar
and I wouldn't dream of lettin 'em down
There's a lot of doctors tell me
that I'b better start slowing it down
But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round

- Willie Nelson -

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca