FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Marc Emery Speaks

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Marc Emery Speaks
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 22 August 2005 11:16 AM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dose News sat down with the King of Pot to uncover some of what makes him click, as well as his prospects in the case.

You can read it here and even VOTE on how you feel about the US influence on this case.

It's a good read. Trust me.

Then tell me this:

1) Do you feel the extradition will really happen?

2) Do think he's hooped and will spend the rest of his life in jail?

That said, answer these, if you please:

3) What do you think the impact of this case will be on the rest of Canada? (In terms of Marijuana laws, Canadian views of US participation/influence on our soil, etc...)

4) What impact might there be worldwide, if any? I'm not in Canada at the moment and I have already been asked about this topic by certain American, British and Japanese friends that got wind of the case. Therefore, I can only assume that Mr. Emery is starting to gain the attention of the world.

5) Would you agree: Cheeky fellow; tres saucy.

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 22 August 2005 11:48 AM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) Do you feel the extradition will really happen?

No

2) Do think he's hooped and will spend the rest of his life in jail?

No

3) What do you think the impact of this case will be on the rest of Canada? (In terms of Marijuana laws, Canadian views of US participation/influence on our soil, etc...)

Marginal but positive. I think MJ should be *fully* legalised not the kind of thing Ann McLellan had in mind when she was Justice Minister. (Paraphrasing: 'We are NOT legalising marijuana')

4) What impact might there be worldwide, if any?

None. We take ourselves much too seriously for a small country that moreover is often seen in Europe as being in cahoots with the USA.

5) Would you agree: Cheeky fellow; tres saucy.

Doesn't that have sexual connotations? If you meant 'cheeky' my answer is yes and I'm not very fond of him personally. That would be so even if he had not compared himself to Ghandi (!), Dr Martin Luther King (!) and Mandela (!)

The exclamation marks are to emphasise his chuzpah

Not an exact response to the questions but an interesting article to check out just the same can be found here:

http://www.straight.com/content.cfm?id=12254

[ 22 August 2005: Message edited by: VanLuke ]

West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 22 August 2005 01:14 PM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanLuke:
Cheeky fellow; tres saucy.

Doesn't that have sexual connotations?

As far as I know, saucy is correct.

But I think the movie Austin Powers made it deliciously NAUGHTY!!

Hope this URL link works... didn't last time. (sigh)

PS: Left you a message back in our old thread.

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
chester the prairie shark
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6993

posted 22 August 2005 01:23 PM      Profile for chester the prairie shark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, my mother never failed to admonish me for being "saucy" and that always meant talking back or being a smart ass.
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 22 August 2005 01:44 PM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chester the prairie shark:
yes, my mother never failed to admonish me for being "saucy" and that always meant talking back or being a smart ass.

Good to know who we are dealing with.

VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 22 August 2005 04:05 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Well, live and learn.

I just wonder what Audra meant when she called me 'saucy' commenting on a photo of mine in one of the family albums.

Did I talk to her via some unknown technology?

Audra?

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000993#000033

I don't know why I couldn't get the second link to work. Look at the link and you will see that the one to Audra's comment has number 33 at the end and the other one has 23. So why do both display Audra's comment?

If you want to see the pic just hit PgUp 3 times

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000993#000023

I thought the comment was made because of the way I hold my legs. I had in fact been laying floor tiles for a long, long day (14 hours or more) and was dead tired with knees that felt a bit "rubbery"

Scroll dowwn 2 posts to see my explanation and that I clearly thought that there were some sexual connotations.

Oh well .....

[ 22 August 2005: Message edited by: VanLuke ]

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 22 August 2005 04:14 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's another story, from the Vancouver Courier.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca