babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Strange circumstances surrounding the shooting of Charles de Menezes

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange circumstances surrounding the shooting of Charles de Menezes
VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 21 August 2005 10:21 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost daily another false statement by the UK authorities in relation to the death of Jean Charles de Menezes becomes public. Mistakes can happen but I find this really bizarre. Somebody leaked public documents shedding some light on the tragedy and leading to more questions.

Press Statement:

Questions and Observations

quote:
We [the lawyers and family] underline as a reminder, that immense public debate took place immediately after the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes. All of that debate took place and was allowed to take place on entirely wrong factual assumptions. We are now in a very different situation. Someone with official access has, it appears, been sufficiently disturbed by that dangerous position, to make internal documents public.

Hard to believe but the source I found on google news eliminated the article from their server in the little time it took me to post this. And I had gotten rid of the pdf file it was based on. I'll try to find another good link; there are tons.

I can't find it at the moment and I'm in the middle of cooking dinner . It was a concise document published by the family and their lawyers. I'll check later.

Here's a google search with tons of hits but mainly statements by police. The one I quoted from is got to be somewhere among them.

http://tinyurl.com/9dud9

Here's the wikipedia entry and it seems to be fairly up to date. I had no time reading it; just looked at it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charles_de_Menezes

[ 21 August 2005: Message edited by: VanLuke ]

Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 21 August 2005 10:42 PM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reports of the independent commission have been leaked, IIRC.
There are no strange circumstances here, merely lies, deceit and misdirection.

VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 21 August 2005 10:46 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would be looking for the statement by the lawers of the family that summarised these deceptions very well and concisely if I wasn't struggling with my dinner at the same time. (I wish I hadn't gotten rid of the pdf file the lawyers published on which the article I had origianlly linked was based)

Details don't matter?

VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 21 August 2005 11:00 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
“Yesterday the family of Jean Charles de Menezes and we, their lawyers, became aware through the press that virtually the entire body of information either placed, or allowed to remain, in the public domain since Jean Charles de Menezes was killed on July 22nd 2005, has been false. Insofar as the claim of the existence of an official inquiry has contributed to or provided for a situation in which a blanket of secrecy has covered the true facts, and lies and scenarios have been allowed to hold good, we on behalf of the family suggest that claim has constituted a grave public disservice.”

http://www.williambowles.info/spysrus/statewatch_180805.html

I give up as I want to eat. There is a ton of info out there for those who want to know and I provided some links above.

I surmise that my original source (The Peacejournal) was overwhelmed by the traffic they got through google and worried they'd blow their server budget in one evening and therefore took it off.

Sorry about the screw up. I'll never delete source material again before my post is OK.

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 21 August 2005 11:07 PM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's another thread on this.
From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 21 August 2005 11:49 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Audra if you notice this could you please close this thread?

As you can see it got all screwed up and when I realised I could just delete it another babbler had posted.

Thank you.

It wasn't my fault this happened and I should have also remembered that there is another thread. (I read it, perhaps even posted myself)

Well, things happen....

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca