babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » FBI, CIA, ATF, DEA and Texas Rangers on Canadian Soil

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: FBI, CIA, ATF, DEA and Texas Rangers on Canadian Soil
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 20 August 2005 01:36 PM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This news story shocked the pants off me! I had no idea we have this many US law enforcement agencies investigating INSIDE of Canada. Did YOU know?

Check this out:

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=4bd617f0-0c00-49e4-b3e4-f0a1c0a3bcd4

Taken From Vancouver Sun on Canada.com
Aug 20/2005

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 August 2005 01:38 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yup this happened right after 9/11. The FBI set up a shop on Front Street in Toronto.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 August 2005 01:40 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or was it in a Holiday Inn... I can' remember.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cougyr
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3336

posted 20 August 2005 01:44 PM      Profile for Cougyr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This issue is much deeper than is being admitted. There has always been cross border cooperation, but now it looks like the Americans are calling the shots.
From: over the mountain | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 20 August 2005 01:47 PM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yup. And the DEA (I believe) has a shop in Vancouver for the last two or three years, too. Had no idea about the rest of them though.
From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Betray My Secrets
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9834

posted 20 August 2005 08:44 PM      Profile for Betray My Secrets     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anybody seriously believing that The Cretin is anything more than a traitor has no business calling themselves anything more than a sleezy right-wing American lacky.
anne cameron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8045

posted 20 August 2005 08:54 PM      Profile for anne cameron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They've been here a lot longer than a couple of years. You don't really believe Diefenbacker cancelled the Avro Arrow because his toast got burned one morning , do you?

During VietNam they grabbed a kid in Richmond B.C. and hauled him over the border; he was born in Canada but when he was about 5 his mom married a yank and moved down there...the kid came back up here so he wouldn't be drafted... the many-initials found him, took him back and kept him down there...why do you think the lickspittle lackeys pretended the evidence against Leonard Pelletier was "convincing" and sent him down to be sentenced to prison? The "evidence" was a pack of lies but the extradition still stands...then there's Marc Emery...and rapidly deteriorating Martin Chambers who was tricked into going to Florida so they could grab him down there when the fuzz up here couldn't get evidence to stick on him up here...

wake up! Please.

From: tahsis, british columbia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
beluga2
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3838

posted 20 August 2005 09:00 PM      Profile for beluga2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So the CSIS guy who's assigned to monitor babble has a CIA agent sitting next to him? Guess we've hit the big time.

Everybody wave to our American friend!

From: vancouvergrad, BCSSR | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 20 August 2005 10:05 PM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi American friend! Don't be shy about posting here; we're a very tolerant bunch!
From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 20 August 2005 10:16 PM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile the Martin government thinks the biggest threat to Canadian sovereignty is Denmark.
From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
-=+=-
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7072

posted 20 August 2005 11:40 PM      Profile for -=+=-   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please ask Bill Graham to send an expedition to Vancouver, and reassert sovereignty -- quickly.
From: Turtle Island | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cougyr
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3336

posted 20 August 2005 11:52 PM      Profile for Cougyr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -=+=-:
Please ask Bill Graham to send an expedition to Vancouver, and reassert sovereignty -- quickly.

I'm old enough to remember when Bill Graham booked rock & rool bands in the Filmore Auditorium in San Francisco. Oh, was that a different Bill Graham?

From: over the mountain | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 21 August 2005 02:26 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beluga2:
So the CSIS guy who's assigned to monitor babble has a CIA agent sitting next to him? Guess we've hit the big time.

Everybody wave to our American friend!

Actually this kind of montitoring is probably sub contracted out to large call monitoring centers in India, where labour is cheaper and there is a plethora of well trained multilingual experts on hand.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca