babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Pope warns against new Anti-semetism

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Pope warns against new Anti-semetism
Bacchus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4722

posted 19 August 2005 12:56 PM      Profile for Bacchus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pope benedict warns against growing tide of anti-semetism and anti-foreigner hysteria
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 August 2005 01:34 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mrrmmphllllrrrrghmmph.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bacchus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4722

posted 19 August 2005 01:35 PM      Profile for Bacchus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know I posted that one jsut for you Michelle
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 August 2005 01:37 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I know it.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 19 August 2005 01:44 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, then given such deep and, I'm sure, sincere feelings about the Holocaust, Ratzinger should have no objection to this:
quote:

A German Jewish leader touched a sore spot in relations with Catholics on Friday when he urged Pope Benedict to open up all the Vatican's archives dealing with World War Two and the Holocaust.

Welcoming him on a historic visit to a synagogue in Cologne, Abraham Lehrer told the German-born pontiff he had a special responsibility to open files that critics say would show how much Pope Pius XII knew about the Nazi slaughter of Jews.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/614877.html

[ 19 August 2005: Message edited by: josh ]

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 19 August 2005 02:40 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This just in: Ratface warns against the insidious evil of homophobia....
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 19 August 2005 05:49 PM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nice from line Heph!
From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 19 August 2005 05:56 PM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
He was enrolled in the Hitler Youth and, at 18, was drafted into the German army. He underwent basic training, then risked execution by deserting and returning home a few days before the war ended.

Which was less of a risk than staying and fighting, but let's not accuse the leader of the Catholic faith, whose job description reads "spokesman for the Lord our God on earth", of being an opportunistic prick. I'm sure he got the position through shear luck and good looks.

[ 19 August 2005: Message edited by: No Yards ]

From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 August 2005 06:21 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mrrmmphllllrrrrghmmph!
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 19 August 2005 06:33 PM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hephaestion:
This just in: Ratface warns against the insidious evil of homophobia....

Well, apparantly that should be next...

quote:
He said the Catholic Church stands for the values of tolerance, respect, and peace and Jews and Christians should work together to defend, promote and uphold human rights.

From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 19 August 2005 10:10 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by josh:
Well, then given such deep and, I'm sure, sincere feelings about the Holocaust, Ratzinger should have no objection to this:

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/614877.html

[ 19 August 2005: Message edited by: josh ]

An excelent idea.

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca