FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Blair befuddled

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Blair befuddled
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 13 January 2004 11:58 AM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WMD? Beats me!

quote:
Tony Blair yesterday signalled that weapons of mass destruction may never be found in Iraq, in his first admission of fallibility over the central justification he gave for going to war with Iraq.
In his most downbeat assessment of the contentious issue so far, the prime minister said he did not know whether WMD would be unearthed, and conceded that this flew in the face of widespread initial expectations.

"I do not know is the answer," he admitted. "I believe that we will but I agree there were many people who thought we were going to find this in the course of the actual operation ... We just have to wait and see".

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 13 January 2004 12:54 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's not all Blair and "New Labour" are befuddled about:

"New Labour allies of Tony Blair are becoming alarmed at the prospect of a Howard Dean US presidential candidacy, fearing it will create formidable tensions in the traditional transatlantic Democrat-Labour alliance.
Amid concerns that a Dean presidential campaign would be dominated by attacks on the Bush-Blair invasion of Iraq, one ally of the prime minister has suggested that he would prefer anyone but Mr Dean as president, although in public Mr Blair will be careful to ensure Labour and Downing Street are seen as neutral in the Democrat race.

Downing Street's leading advisers have long-standing links with Clintonite Democrats on the Democratic leadership council (DLC).

This party organisation has become increasingly strident in warning that a Dean campaign based on an angry attack on President Bush will fail."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1121817,oo.html

As if real Democrats give a shit what Blair and his "New Labour" quislings think.

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
arborman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4372

posted 14 January 2004 02:53 AM      Profile for arborman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Democrats and Republicans do have that in common, not giving a rat's arse what the rest of the world thinks of them.
From: I'm a solipsist - isn't everyone? | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca