FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » "Shopaholic" busted

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: "Shopaholic" busted
Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 13 January 2004 11:32 AM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There were 1,000 garment bags with expensive gowns and dresses, 800 pairs of shoes, and rows of designer clothes at the Magda home. One-third of the items still had price tags attached, totalling $1.17 million.

Who wants to bet that her "shopaholism" is declared a disease and she walks with probation?

From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 13 January 2004 11:38 AM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In as much as I believe compulsive spending is an addiction, I believe that she should do time commenserate with her crime. I understand she faces up to ten years in jail. Sounds to me like jail is a a good idea.
From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lima Bean
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3000

posted 13 January 2004 11:39 AM      Profile for Lima Bean   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holy jeebus.
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 13 January 2004 11:39 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Small timer. She could have chosen larger papers, and married the boss, like Barbara Amiel.
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 13 January 2004 12:23 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then at least she'd be doing something for the money besides stealing it.
From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lima Bean
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3000

posted 13 January 2004 12:27 PM      Profile for Lima Bean   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 13 January 2004 12:32 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's an awfully long time to get away with stealing money. And she would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling temp!
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca