babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Yanks will see Canadian's tax records

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Yanks will see Canadian's tax records
Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 09 January 2004 03:21 AM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holy crap.

quote:
They said U.S. officers will have access to Revenue Canada files, which contain tax information on Canadians, including their work records, property owned and investments.

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bee's Knees
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4701

posted 09 January 2004 04:24 AM      Profile for Bee's Knees     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"They said U.S. officers will have access to Revenue Canada files, which contain tax information on Canadians, including their work records, property owned and investments.

That information may lead to unemployed people being refused entry into the U.S., officers said."

I guess freedom of mobility is only a right that belongs to people "with money." A lazy unemployed bum should never have the right to visit family and do anything but be ashamed of being unemployed.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 11 January 2004 01:43 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, that settles it. If I was 99.9% sure I wasn't going to go to the United States before, I am now 99.99999999999999% sure I'm not going now.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
radiorahim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2777

posted 11 January 2004 03:33 AM      Profile for radiorahim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well can't say I've been to the U.S. for ten years anyway...so guess I can continue the "boycott".

I did see a story in the Toronto Star that's quite frightening. (Didn't see it on the website).

Apparently the U.S. military is implementing remote control technologies where they'll be able to fire missiles by remote control from a ship.

As part of the Canadian military becoming "inter-operable" with the U.S. military,
U.S. forces would be able to fire missiles from Canadian ships by remote control in a crisis. This is nuts! What other country would give up its sovereignty to this extent.

Paul Martin is shaping up to be a bigger lapdog that Brian Mulroney.

From: a Micro$oft-free computer | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bee's Knees
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4701

posted 12 January 2004 05:41 AM      Profile for Bee's Knees     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul Martin has got to be Canada's best real estate agent. He can sell off a counrty in less than two months.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca