babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Six Million Children Die from Lack of Basic Care

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Six Million Children Die from Lack of Basic Care
ReeferMadness
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2743

posted 27 June 2003 11:07 PM      Profile for ReeferMadness     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Read and Weep

quote:
LONDON (AP) - The lives of six million children under five could be saved every year if flu shots and other low-cost measures to prevent or treat disease were more widely used, global health experts say.

If there was a buck to be made saving kids lives, I guess globalization would take care of this.

From: Way out there | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trisha
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 387

posted 27 June 2003 11:37 PM      Profile for Trisha     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see where improving women's health has to reduce the moves toward children's health but the article seems to indicate this. Yes, healthy mothers have healthier babies, proper maternal care is important but so is basic care for the child. These things should be being worked on together, not one at the expense of the other.
From: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Deception
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4101

posted 27 June 2003 11:51 PM      Profile for Deception     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whenever i hear "preventable diseases" espoused i cringe. our apathy, intransigence, nihilism have silenced our conscience and made us complicit actors in the “mass genocide”. first world capitalist expansion (colonialism, neo-liberal imperialism) have facilitated third world FUCKDOM which is the perpetual cycle of poverty, famine, war and tragic death.
From: front lines of the revolution | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca