FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » interesting research

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: interesting research
bakunin
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3991

posted 27 June 2003 04:08 AM      Profile for bakunin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Natural Fibres Like Fur Are Good for the Environment," Says UK Poll

London, 12 October 2001: Wool, silk, fur and leather are considered to be environmentally sound by the majority of people (67%) according to a new nationwide poll commissioned by the British Fur Trade Association (BFTA).

The opinion poll, the second of a tracking survey by Taylor Nelson Sofres plc, revealed that there has been a significant improvement in consumer backing for the use of natural fibres – up 5 percent in 18 months.

"It is not surprising that people increasingly perceive natural fibres as eco-friendly. Fur, as with wool, leather and silk, is a sustainable natural resource," the BFTA said.

The poll also found that 8 out of 10 people support the farming of animals for any purpose provided there is good animal welfare.

From: we may not convince you but we'll convince your children | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 27 June 2003 07:40 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, just took a shower to wash my fibre... er... hide. Would like to wash my panache of hair too, but hard to do one-handed, since my bicycle accident. Next week ....

This is along the same lines as the US food industry research recognising a healthy diet as including up to 25% white sugar ...

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2279

posted 27 June 2003 10:18 AM      Profile for Alix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate opinion polls about things that aren't a matter of opinion. It doesn't matter whether 67% percent of people believe this or not. Their belief will make no difference to whether or not it is true.

How about some facts?

jean chretien
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2693

posted 27 June 2003 01:41 PM      Profile for jean chretien     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with Alix on this one.. Facts please... How many Americans and Canadians for that matter, believe Saddam and Ossama are linked? contray to actual facts....

Beliefs on an issue are pointless.. either they are good for the environment or they aren't.

paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 27 June 2003 01:44 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean chretien:
Beliefs on an issue are pointless...

Yes, but they seem to form the basis for Liberal domestic and foreign policy at every turn.

From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca