babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Lynches Say They Can't Discuss POW Rescue

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Lynches Say They Can't Discuss POW Rescue
Snuckles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2764

posted 29 May 2003 09:44 PM      Profile for Snuckles   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
"You understand, Captain, that this mission does not exist nor will it ever exist." Colonel G. Lucas (played by Harrison Ford) to Captain Benjamin L. Willard (played by Martin Sheen) in Apocalypse Now.

Read it here.

bobwarren
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3866

posted 29 May 2003 10:43 PM      Profile for bobwarren     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also heard, that Jessica Lynch has developed a strange case of amnesia as a result of being traumatized.
How convenient.

PitPat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4062

posted 29 May 2003 11:53 PM      Profile for PitPat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah. She only suffered through a car accident. Oh, plus assorted comrades getting machine gunned down.

quote:
Some Iraqi hospital staffers said this month that the U.S. commandos who came to get Lynch refused a key and instead broke down doors and went in with guns drawn, and that they carried away the prisoner in the dead of night with helicopter and armored vehicle backup - even though there was no Iraqi military presence and the hospital staff didn't resist.

I don't get what is the huge deal about this. Obviously they are going to go in force to get her. The original story on this affair quoted a waiter as having told the special forces the Iraqis had gone. Well that's pretty credible. A waiter would know for sure. Not to mention the US had no good reason to trust Iraqi civilians with suicide bombings and ambushes disguised as surrenders going on.

I think the real truth to the story is that the Iraqi doctors and staff treated her well, and tried to ambulance her out, but were fired on by American forces. I'll bet that Jessica Lynch remembers that bit, and that's not something the Americans want to admit. Can you imagine the euphoria of being rescued only to get shot at and driven away by your own people?

At least the truth will come out of this. And at least the documentary will be out before the tv movie.

From: Take it from me, I love you! | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 30 May 2003 01:58 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
"It was like a Hollywood film. They cried 'go, go, go', with guns and blanks without bullets, blanks and the sound of explosions. They made a show for the American attack on the hospital - action movies like Sylvester Stallone or Jackie Chan."

BBC

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
PitPat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4062

posted 30 May 2003 10:13 PM      Profile for PitPat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blanks. Uh huh. Warmongering cold blooded American killers would stroll on into enemy territory with blanks in their weapons. How very credible. More likely is that they were throwing flashbang grenades to intimidate whoever was still hanging around.
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 30 May 2003 11:20 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Enemy Territory?

It was a hospital, sheep. Y'know, doctors, catheters etc..

Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 30 May 2003 11:42 PM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
....I think he meant enema territory.
PitPat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4062

posted 31 May 2003 06:13 PM      Profile for PitPat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Enemy Territory?
It was a hospital, sheep. Y'know, doctors, catheters etc..

tanks, rifles, chemical warfare suits. Standard hospital equipment.

quote:
NASIRIYA, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. Marines on Tuesday seized a hospital in Nasiriya and captured nearly 170 Iraqi soldiers who had been staging military operations from the facility, U.S. authorities said.

No civilians were in the facility, which U.S. Central Command said was "clearly marked as a hospital by a flag with a Red Crescent." Marines confiscated more than 200 weapons, more than 3,000 chemical suits with masks and Iraqi military uniforms in the hospital, and found a T-55 tank in the hospital compound, Central Command said.

source

Even the doctors readily admit the military had a presence at the hospital, and had left the day before.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 19 June 2003 02:07 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just saw the piece on "The National" about how the Lynch story was fabricated.

PFC Lynch is still suffering from amnesia, being held incommunicado in a military hospital, and is unable to talk to reporters.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it will be before the hero dies from a mysterious desert illness?

Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 19 June 2003 12:02 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't get what is the huge deal about this. Obviously they are going to go in force to get her. The original story on this affair quoted a waiter as having told the special forces the Iraqis had gone. Well that's pretty credible. A waiter would know for sure. Not to mention the US had no good reason to trust Iraqi civilians with suicide bombings and ambushes disguised as surrenders going on.

So your saying they didn't know the Iraqis had gone? Then I guess arming themselves with blanks was a pretty dumb call. Unless of course they actually knew there were no troops in the hospital. Which they did. Gawd, why are you so quick to apologize for the lies you and the rest of the world are being fed on an almost daily basis?

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 19 June 2003 12:15 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As usual sheep misses the story. So let's make it easy for him. GI gets lost and winds up injured, from overturned vehicle, in Iraqi hospital where evil Iraqis tend to wounds and care for brave, lost GI. GI just happens to be young, blonde and female. A poster girl of all that is good and wholesome in the USA as they are in the process of stealing oil. So a rescue is staged for the media. A made for TV rescue and a made for TV heroine. Perfect.

Meanwhile, a young black female marine is being held prisoner somewhere and could be in real danger and her name is ... what is it?

No story there. She just doesn't have the face America could rally around.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca