babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » This reassures me that there is hope yet for the world

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: This reassures me that there is hope yet for the world
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 30 April 2003 01:09 AM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thirty-eight vehicles participated in the race last Saturday, battling fiercely for the top prize -- the Mediocre Award, presented to the sculpture that finishes the race right in the middle of the pack.

Mediocrity Trumps in Oddball Race

Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 30 April 2003 01:22 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What a neat event!
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiowa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3597

posted 30 April 2003 01:31 PM      Profile for kiowa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Silly races are a North American phenomenon. I must say, this Canadian "bathtub racer" is bigger than any I've seen down here.

From: Pax Americana | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 30 April 2003 01:31 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I thought this was an especially homey touch:

quote:
They must "carry at all times 1 comforting item of psychological luxury heretofore referred to as the 'Homemade Sock Creature.'" The required item "must be made in a home, from a not-too-recently-worn sock from the home, and resemble a creature homemade from a sock."

No sock creature on board? You get a one-hour penalty.

clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 30 April 2003 02:05 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was flipping through the rules... this was a nice touch:

In the event of sunshine, the race will run anyway

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca