babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Heston, Hussein: Separated at Birth?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Heston, Hussein: Separated at Birth?
Saladin
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3663

posted 29 April 2003 03:31 PM      Profile for Saladin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

With the announced retirement of Charlton "From my cold, dead hands" Heston and the recent retirement of Saddam "Mother of all battles" Hussein, I now see both men being so much alike.

Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 29 April 2003 04:08 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe. A couple of months ago The Onion had a funny "news story" entitled, 'Iraq, Kentucky, vie for World Shooting-Into-The-Air Supremacy'. Same photo of Saddam.

On the serious side, about a dozen people a year in the U.S. are killed or severely injured as a result of shooting live ammunition into the air to celebrate New Years and other occasions. I'm sure it's just as bad or worse in countries like Iraq, Iran or Palestine. Seems like a pretty pointless death if you ask me.

From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca