babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Bush trip to Ottawa looking less likely

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush trip to Ottawa looking less likely
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 28 March 2003 07:44 AM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://tinyurl.com/8c2g

Don't all cry at once.

[ 28 March 2003: Message edited by: josh ]

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 28 March 2003 08:05 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awwww!

I love this article, btw. It mentions many of the reasons Canadians have to be annoyed with the US government, instead of just spouting the Alliance bullshit that Parrish, Dhaliwal, Ducros, and Robinson have singlehandedly ruined US-Canada relations forever.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jobes
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2579

posted 28 March 2003 08:13 AM      Profile for Jobes     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well after stating (not Bush directly but his office stating) that they were aware of the comments Balucci (sp?) was going to make, how do they expect to come on up here without any...hmm...whats the right word (I think you get the jist of it so Ill move on)

He thinks he's invincible and that the world is his slave. That he can do what he want and people will still invite him to their houses for dinner, to their countries for meetings, to their office for ... well ... whatever!

I think this will start to change relatively soon. I cant wait to see what happens at the G8 Summit 03 in Evian, France...heh

From: Oakville, ON, Canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
bellows
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 747

posted 28 March 2003 12:13 PM      Profile for bellows     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe we should tell Bush not to come and invite the leader of North Korea or Iraq instead. They would be safe here.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 28 March 2003 12:20 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good idea Bellows. Should make for an interesting visit.
Would you like to roll out the red carpet?

From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 28 March 2003 12:24 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe we should tell Bush not to come and invite the leader of North Korea or Iraq instead. They would be safe here.

Yeah. Yeah, that's it.

Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 28 March 2003 12:33 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How disappointing. I was looking forward to throwing pretzels at his motorcade.
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 28 March 2003 12:37 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's a thought: If they invite Jong Il to visit, try ending the isolation, then maybe, just maybe, he'll stop threatening nuclear war all the time.

It's not like Canada or the US are particularly concerned with human rights, since it isn't an issue with China or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. And they already have lots of experience in the take-a-dictator-to-lunch program, what with their buds Suharto and Pinochet. Why can't Jong Il sit at the cool kid's table too?

Just a crazy thought. But the Resident knows best. I fully trust that their "Kick Some Godless, Jesus-Hating Darky Foreigner Ass is the Only Solution" foreign policy will bring the world lasting peace.

[ 28 March 2003: Message edited by: Jingles ]

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
redshift
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1675

posted 28 March 2003 12:38 PM      Profile for redshift     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
get him up here then do the entire visit in our other official language, the one of freedom.
i'm sure as a statesman he must be multi-lingual.

bellows
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 747

posted 28 March 2003 12:47 PM      Profile for bellows     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At least he can speak english. Something our leader can't do.
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 28 March 2003 12:49 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ummm, dude, the capital on "English" is missing. People in glass houses.... uhh... you know.
From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
redshift
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1675

posted 28 March 2003 12:51 PM      Profile for redshift     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you might want to check " the complete bushisms" -J.-Weisenberg
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 28 March 2003 12:54 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
At least he can speak english. Something our leader can't do.

To quote the man himself: so rarely is the question asked: is our children learning? In bellows' case the answer is: no.

bellows
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 747

posted 28 March 2003 12:54 PM      Profile for bellows     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im French so I left the capital out on purpose.
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 28 March 2003 12:57 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And what about the incorrect spelling of "I'm?" Do you have a rationalization for that, too?
redshift
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1675

posted 28 March 2003 12:59 PM      Profile for redshift     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Better yet-www.bushcartoon.com/bushisms.html
like shooting fish in the foot

bellows
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 747

posted 28 March 2003 01:08 PM      Profile for bellows     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never went to school.
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 28 March 2003 01:17 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No kidding.
redshift
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1675

posted 28 March 2003 01:20 PM      Profile for redshift     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
then your gonna love this joke.
guy walks up to a suit at the White House, says " Have you heard the latest joke about dubya?"
suit replies" I think you should know that I work at the White House."
first guy" That's okay I'll tell it really slowly and in small words."
from the land of free public education.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca